What kind of glue

adichristiNovember 18, 2008

DD is making a nature frame for her BF and she wants to glue real leafs to the frame that she collected from their nature trail. What kind should she be using? Thanks...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

I am not sure real leaves will stick and last. You might have to spray with clear varnish, etc first. I think as the leaves dry, they will crumble. I the fit inside the frame, she might try a spray on glue, making sure the entire back is covered, but again, once they dry, they will crumble.
There is a flower preservtive and sold by craft shows, but even then they don't last very long. I would suggest the plastic ones from Walmart, craft stores etc.

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 6:16PM
kudzukween

Try putting the real leaves under the glass,maybe decoupage a photo of the two of them together, with leaves and beads or small things from the nature walk.

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 9:11PM
sunnyca_gw

I've boughten preserved leaves in the past, they used glycerin, it works well on ferns & I think maple leaves . They are pliable & keep for several yrs. I would go with pods, nuts or acorns twigs tiny pinecones or cut larger ones in to flat rosettes. These can be glued to wood or plastic frame with regular Elmer's glue or with hot glue gun. That would last long time. Leaves will get dusty & break, could get some good looking ones in silk, wouldn't need but 1 stem of them to use & place these leaves on frame & finish with the other items. Some silk stems of leaves are very real looking! Jan

Bookmark   November 20, 2008 at 2:11AM
More Discussions
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Sponsored Products
Crystal Bakehouse Four-Light Pendant in Silver Leaf Finish with Handcrafted Poli
Bellacor
SLV Lighting | Tube LED Ceiling Light
$622.00 | YLighting
Justice Design Group FSN-8702 - Aero 2 Light Bath Bar - Square Flared Shade - Po
$300.00 | Hayneedle
Trademark Global Billiard Lights NBA Houston Rockets NBA 3-Light Stained Glass
Home Depot
Cashmere Bunny Personalized Look What the Stork Delivered - Boy - LWTSD-B
$108.99 | Hayneedle
Fitzgerald Loveseat - Cordova Eclipse Gray
Joybird Furniture
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™