Making Faux Rusty Tin

kudzukweenNovember 24, 2008

I posted this on Trash to Treasure,too...

Make some rusty tin and recycle cardboard at the same time :D It also smells nice! I used cookie cutters in a star shape and a gingerbread man shape to trace onto a Capri Sun cardboard box. Cut with scissors, spray with red oxide primer, spinkle with cinnamon. Apply a second time if you wish ( I used 2 coats) I free-handed a crow shape, then thought it needed a wing, and added one. A whole clove for it's eye. Then I sat it on a rusty bed spring. Check out photos on my blog.

Kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leveta

Kudzu how did you learn so much to be so young...

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 9:31PM
kudzukween

:D*smile* I've been a compulsive crafter since I was a little girl,I'm not original, but I can copy like a fiend, I don't sleep much, and I spend a lot of time on the internet! LOL
I'll be 50 in January.
Kudzu

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 6:02AM
oddie

Hey kedzu, thanks for shareing! these are real cute, love the crow! looks perfect on the bed spring.
I do the same rusty tin but I use flat black spray paint frist, gives a little different look.
dont know how you have time to sleep LOL!
since you have been cutting things from cardboard have you made the dove, real pretty painted white with diamond dust on bouth sides, a pretty bow or just something simple looks nice to hang them or can be put on a package, just something more to keep you from sleeping.
TFS all you do!
Happy Crafting
oddie

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 8:36AM
leveta

Kuduz i'll tell ya. Your sure don't look almost 50. I figures early 40's...Boy i sure wished you lived near. I sure could learn alot from you hands on....I'm not much of a read it learner....

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 12:25PM
More Discussions
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™