Bluestar/Garland ir broiler adjustment

sefullerDecember 21, 2013

I posted recently about a Garland RPB30 project that I recently purchased. After working on it for the last three weeks, I got it connected and operating today and have everything adjusted to where it performs well with the exception of the ir broiler. I converted this range from lp to natural, which required drilling the orifice for the broiler out to a size 50 (according to Adco). The broiler ignites, but never gets red, and will run for at least 5 minutes (the longest I have run it so far) without cycling. There is a "mat" of blue flame covering the surface which extends down 3/4 - 1 inch from the ceramic surface. I don't believe there is an air shutter on the tube for the broiler, so I am wondering what steps I could take to remedy this?
Thanks for any suggestions!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thull

The service manual talks in terms of the various adjustments on the broiler. I'd suggest looking at it. That said, I have no idea about the vagaries of converting to NG from LPG. Good luck.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 11:42AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sefuller

Where could I find a service manual? The manual that came with the range addresses adjustment of the open burners and oven burner, but not the broiler. Is there a forum more suited to asking repair related questions?

Thanks.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 8:24PM
More Discussions
Capital Culinarian 36" 6 burner vs American Range 36" 6 burner
Live in Vancouver BC and am having trouble making the...
dz604
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
Keep your fingers crossed -Wolfie oven having DCL circuit error again!
So my Wolf has avoided the dreaded porcelain chipping...
a2gemini
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™