I'm going to a big craft fair tomorrow

toomuchglassNovember 2, 2007

150 booths ........ I'll give my report this weekend !

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandma_bonnie

Have fun!!! Wish you good luck!

Bookmark   November 2, 2007 at 8:54PM
luvstocraft

Here's wishing you great sales! Will be watching for your report--hope you see some new and interesting things. Luvs

Bookmark   November 2, 2007 at 9:39PM
craftylady-2006

I wanna go with you Kathy, come pick me up!

Sal

Bookmark   November 3, 2007 at 9:52AM
evelyn_craftdiva

So how was it?? Enquiring mind wants to know.

Bookmark   November 4, 2007 at 10:51AM
toomuchglass

Oh - I Wasn't selling ( but now that I've seen it - I wish I was ! ) I would have made a killing . There was nothing there like I make. Anyway - here the report ......

\-\-\- Of 121 booths , 39 of them were beaded jewelry It got to the point I just walked right by them without even looking. There was alot of things made with fleece \- those things with the knotted edges. Alot of quilted table runners and doilies. Not alot of floral \- surprisingly. Remember those gel candles ? One lady made them and put figurines in them ( birds,dogs etc...) It looks bizarre \-\- gel candles have little bubbles in them and it lookes like the things were drowning inside. eeewwww.... One guy sold home made dog cookies and treats \- his booth was crowded. One lady had bottles with fabric covering the whole thing and decoupaged on. Then she had lights in the bottles . Not bad. There was alot of handmade greeting cards & ornamnets that could be personalized. One booth caught my eye \- she had painted Gourds with holes cut into them and made into lights.   
SHe had them decorated with beads and wires and it actually looked pretty . Speaking of lights \- one booth had table lamps all made with baskets for the base. I liked them ! Well \- that's about it ... nothing new \- but it was a nice show. I only saw one import ... I know because I used to buy wholesale from this company. I'd say most everything there was handmade. I might have to enter this show next year ... !! LOL 

Bookmark   November 4, 2007 at 11:30AM
grandma_bonnie

Thanks for the report... I am the one picked by my group to go to Santa maria next week. Hope I'm not sorry, but I haven't shown my things in that area so I may do OK ....had a great farmer's market yesterday so I hope it works out. Reasonable price for spot in Santa Maria so I am giving it a try... Oh darn, I may have to stop at a couple of places on my way back to buy fabric I still need to have enough to sell until the middle of December...

Bookmark   November 4, 2007 at 2:55PM
More Discussions
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™