New Ge microwave and gas oven in house just bought replacing it .

SarinaDecember 3, 2013

Hi I am replacing this set up with the dual fuel GE Cafe and I was going to get a Kobe hood but then changed my mind to a vent a hood as it is what I had before for 8 years and while it was hard to clean I felt it did awesome job. So the setup up in here now I do not get . The gas range is a regular gas range but it does say it has one high output burner . How high I do not know I can not find the directions. So when I have cooked with it it is so frustrating. When doing a stir fry it really spreads the grease all around . It goes up all over microwave front and the vents on top of that and up to the above the microwave cabinet. I have never used or had an over the microwave unit. Is this typical of this type of setup. I put the fan on the high setting. Tonight I did sauteed chicken with some cranberries and balsamic vinegar . It was a mess all over the microwave door again and up to the cabinets. I hate it :( So anyone out there is this typical or do I just have a bum unit in here ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

If it's a new range the specs can be found online at geappliances.com or a retailer site like ajmadison.com.

OTR microwaves typically have low airflow, zero capture area, and only really cover the back burner. Yes, they're all not very good, that I know of. By design. Worse if it's set up as recirc rather than vented. Get a real hood.

Bookmark   December 4, 2013 at 7:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sarina

Oh I am getting a real hood . I just wondered about these units and maybe I was using it wrong or something. The big burners to go with microwaves should be then made with burner that is more powerful in back . That is what I would think they should or would do but alas it is not so . I can not wait to get my Vent A Hood in here and my new GE Dual fuel !

Bookmark   December 4, 2013 at 8:33PM
More Discussions
Keep your fingers crossed -Wolfie oven having DCL circuit error again!
So my Wolf has avoided the dreaded porcelain chipping...
a2gemini
48 INCH DUAL FUEL RANGE OR LP GAS
Planning to purchase the 48 inch- dilemma: any inputs...
hkwan
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
Zephyr vs Modern Aire vs Prizer Under the Cabinet 30"
I will have a 30" induction range, and need an...
cudjoegal
Capital Culinarian Huge Problems - HORRIBLE customer service!
I bought a Culinarian because of what I read here on...
explauren
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™