KA Commercial vs Pro-Line Stand Mixers ?

jsfoxDecember 11, 2013

We've had a KA 600 for about 10 years. Great mixer, but my wife wants one of the new ones with more power. It appears that the two commercial ones (7990 & 8990) are identical except for which bowl is included.

The pro-line 7586 appears nearly identical as well. Some verbiage makes it sound like it has a lessor motor control board and that it has the standard attachment, not the commercial attachment (the commercial appears to work with standard attachments and commercial attachments).

It also appears that all 3 of these work with the KAICA ice cream bowl (vs the KICA ice cream bowl).

Is anyone aware of differences in these? Any reason to get one and not the other.

Thanks,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barryv_gw

Here are some photos of the 8 quart mixer - some posters have suggested the only difference between the 8 quart and the 7 quart is the size of the bowl, this post says that both machines share a number of features, so not sure about the differences

Here is a link that might be useful: pizza making forum

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 7:45AM
jsfox

Thought I'd follow-up for anyone who stumbles across this. It appears that the two commercial units are identical except for the bowl that comes with them. The Pro-Line is nearly identical except it is not NSF (not an issue for most home users) and some of the gearbox is plastic rather than metal. Appears to be same motor & controller and all attachments/bowls are interchangeable between all 3 of these.

The commercial are apparently just a tad quieter (better gearbox?) and have a longer and heavier power cord.

The pouring shield will NOT fit on the 8qt bowl, but will on the 7qt bowl. The commercial 8qt bowl should fit on the pro-line.

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 3:24PM
beth

I spoke with a person at Kitchenaid a few months ago about this question. Motors on the 7 quart pro line and the 7 and 8 quart NSF Commercial are identical. We didn't discuss gear box components. The 8 quart bowl will fit on all 3. The main difference is that the NSF models have a one year warranty and the 7 quart pro line has a five year warranty. She recommended buying the pro line for the warranty, all other things being equal. Not sure about the pros and cons of commercial attachments. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   December 27, 2013 at 10:34AM
More Discussions
How would you spend my $10k budget?
In the planning stage of a complete kitchen reno and...
enzaenza
How much Hood CFM to get for Wolf's 6-Burner Rangetop?
Let's say I use all 6 burners at once sometimes (not...
wcutiew
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
Custom Panel on a Jenn air french door counter depth fridge?
Hello, want to know if it's possible to have custom...
kaysee
1200cfm oversized hood...Overkill for 30" BlueStar range?
I am getting a 30" BlueStar RNB range for my kitchen...
ILoveCookie
Sponsored Products
Modern Open Spout Waterfall Tub Mixer Shower Faucet & Handheld Sprayer
Hudson Reed
Bath and Shower Mixer With Hand Shower and Bracket In Chrome Finish
TheBathOutlet
Drawer Base
CliqStudios Cabinets
25-liter European Outdoor Solar Shower
$399.00 | FRONTGATE
KitchenAid KSM8990 8-quart Commercial Bowl-lift Stand Mixer
Overstock.com