Which hood is quieter?

YuliaODecember 10, 2013

If i was comparing Vent-a-Hood with their magic lung (who in their right mind names a hood THAT??) and Best with external blower�Which one would be quieter?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookncarpenter

Any remote blower is going to be quieter, just due to the fact that it is not right there in the kitchen with you.
I have a 1000 cfm remote, and I'm sure if that motor was 36" above my range, I could not hear myself cook ;)

Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 12:08AM
YuliaO

is it loud even considering it is outside? if we put it outside it's going to be on the outside wall of the kitchen, so not too far awayâ¦

Are blue star and wolf hoods any different from best?

Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 10:54AM
YuliaO

Well, my husband said he is not ready to pay extra for the external motor (and for the installation) :(((

so, out of all "pro" internal motor hoodsâ¦are there any that are quieter then all others?

Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 3:09PM
regbob

It does not matter where the motor is mounted. The noise you hear is the sound of air moving. If you have a quite hood there is no air moving and if there is no air moving the hood is not properly removing the grease from the air. Your husband is correct in not wanting to pay the extra money for the external motor they are usually more expensive but more important when they break down you have to crawl up on the roof or stand on a ladder to fix them. If you live in a colder climate they have a tendency freeze up when it gets real cold. When you use the hood the moist air can freeze up the motor.

Bookmark   December 14, 2013 at 9:29AM
More Discussions
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
Best customer service for wall ovens?
I posted this comment to an older thread lamenting...
Mrs. Porchman
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™