Craft Fair report from Saturday

toomuchglassNovember 7, 2010

I hit 3 fairs !!!! 2 were small ,church type ones . More Jewelry and lots of crocheted blankets & baby hats . Alot of sewn table runners, placemats & coasters. The rest were fall & Christmas decorations. Even though they were small --- they had the best bake sale ever !! Those ladies know how to bake !!

The other fair was fantastic ... it has a reputation for being one of the best. It had 135 vendors & a good balance of different crafts . (I did this one long ago & it's very strictly juried . ) The variety of crafts was mind boggling . If I saw something new ,I can't remember it -- my brain was in overload ! I spent $40 .... and of course they had that darn bake sale again ...

gggrrrr..... another 5 pounds !

I'm really happy to see such crowds at the fairs. I thought because of the economy - attendance might be down.

I was wrong . People were out & buying !! This is a great outlook for those of you that are doing fall fairs.

One comment I have about the crafts .... ALOT of people had Christmas Decorations. Each one was awesome & reasonably priced. I found when I did fall / Christmas fairs , I did fantastic because I was selling stained glass Gift things . People would buy things to give as Christmas Gifts. You can only decorate your house so much - and giving a Christmas decoration as a gift is too late.

It's the gift-y items that sell this time of year. Those people were the ones that were making the $$$

Good luck to all of you that have fairs upcoming !! And that is my report .........LOL

Now I'm going to sit back & look at all the things that they were selling & concentrate on the things that weren't at the fair. Unique sells. Uh-Oh -- I think I might be talking myself into doing fairs again !!!! LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christopherh

Thanks for the report. You are so right about "unique items" selling. It always has, it always will.

We've got 5 shows left for 2010, so we're busy as all get out. We're doing the last four of Castleberry's shows in Salem, NH Nov 12-14, Wilmington, MA Thanksgiving weekend, the big Hartford, CT Christmas show Dec 3-5, and back to Salem, NH the second week in Dec. We also have one more show with Country Folk Art in Albany, NY Nov 19-21.

Then we're off until the last weekend in January when it starts all over again.

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 7:24AM
More Discussions
Vase Fillers As Rhinestones?
Hi everyone, I bought a few of these clear vase filler...
moonwolf_gw
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™