Where to Find Tags??

amberscuNovember 30, 2008

I am wanting to make some gift tags for Christmas. I am searching for where to buy some paper tags that are already made that I can cover. The tags look like "toe tags" for lack of a better description. I thought I saw them at Walmart but I couldn't find them yesterday. Does anyone know where I can find them? I would much prefer a store rather than an online source. Thanks for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzukween

I think I know the ones you're talking about...white tags on cotton string? Check over by the office supplies, I think that's where I found them.

Bookmark   November 30, 2008 at 3:42PM
amberscu

I saw the white ones. The ones I am thinking of are much bigger, bigger than a business card. They are manilla with a brown circle around the hole. I could have bet my life that I saw them at Walmart. I didn't see them or even a space where they'd be. Maybe an office store?

Bookmark   November 30, 2008 at 10:18PM
iowagirl2006

I have found those kraft tags at Hobby Lobby and scrapbooking stores.

The ones I have are actually big enough to make mini srapbooks out of.

I have a printable version - you can make it any size you want. It was a freebie from PrimMart, but I don't see it on their site anymore.

Bookmark   December 1, 2008 at 8:40AM
huggybear_2008

I found some white tags at walmart the other day in the paper section.. where pens, makers , etc are located.. they are not quite as big as a toe tag.. about 2 1/2" long and maybe 2" wide.. have the string already attached.. seems like they had some other ones there too.. some bright colors but I could be wrong on that.. mine were 100 for about $1.98
Huggy

Bookmark   December 1, 2008 at 10:22AM
barb_from_pa

lots of shapes of tie on tages you can make yourself at this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tag templates

Bookmark   December 1, 2008 at 2:39PM
smickerdoodle

The manilla ones that are larger than a business card are usually found in any office supply...Staples,or Office Max...I know that I found them at Staples by the small business supplies.

Bookmark   December 1, 2008 at 5:06PM
williamsburgjane

I found some on Ebay a couple of years ago. You might try looking there.

Bookmark   December 2, 2008 at 11:22AM
amberscu

A BIG THANKS to all of you that helped!! I went to Office Depot and found the tags I did want. The only problem is that they come in packs of 500!! I just didn't want the $13.00 expense! I found 2 tag template site to use! (thanks, Barb!! You got me thinking!) I have made several of these tags and have them on my blog. They are so addicting!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: redmommycrafts

Bookmark   December 2, 2008 at 4:03PM
iowagirl2006

Aha! I found the tags I use that are from Prim Mart. They have some already with words on them, but the first one is blank. I use my photo editing program to put graphics on it, but you could also stamp them, or add your own items if you are going to use them as altered art.

Go to the link to get the tags - just click on the one you want. It will open on a new screen. When it is loaded, right click and save it to your computer.

I like to print them on tan cardstock.

Here is a link that might be useful: Primitive Tags from Prim Mart

Bookmark   December 3, 2008 at 8:47AM
More Discussions
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™