Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher

dorry2December 9, 2012

So disappointed...had a Kitchen Aid, 49 dba dishwasher installed a few weeks ago and need to replace it with a dishwasher that is not as tall. Rep recommended the Whirlpool Gold model Model: WDT910SAYM. It is comparable to the Kitchen AId; however, the flatware basket is on the door! I don't know if i will like this, having to bend all the way over to load the flatware, as opposed to having to load it on the side of one of the interior baskets.
Anyone have a dishwasher with the flatware basket attached to door...do you like it? ALso, the detergent dispenser is just above the flatware basket, so when the detergent is dispersed, it will go through the flatware basket, then hit the dishes.

Is this a poor design/design flaw? Interested in hearing from anyone who has a dw with the flatware basket on the door.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Whirlpool has had this design for many years.

Check your instruction manual. Some version of the flatware basket can hang on front of the lower rack. Or you can place it in the lower rack anywhere it'll fit.

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 10:32PM
zackin

My Whirlpool has the flatware basket on the door, and I find it at least as convenient as a basket in the rack. There's really not more bending for me, and it frees up space in the racks.

The racks are easily removable and can be placed in the main body of the DW, but I've never wanted to.

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 4:49AM
Lynda29

I have it on the door and I love it. It's really easy to remove the basket and put it on the counter for loading and unloading. My stainless steel silverware always said to keep it away from the heating elements. Impossible until I got this dishwasher.

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 4:16PM
More Discussions
Can a Whirpool wrs342fiab00 Refrigerator use water filter bypass ?
I have an undersink filter connected to this fridge,...
edge
Miele 643g dishwasher
I bought a house that has this dishwasher. I do not...
cbsdesign
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
athensmomof3
Hood & Venting for Bluestar Rangetop...Zephyr or Bluestar?
In deciding between the 36" Bluestar cooktop and...
missmeghan702
Major Kitchen Remodel
I'm looking for a counter-depth 36" stainless...
Kim Taff
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™