Scrappy25 - Pics You Requested

mydreamhomeDecember 1, 2011

Hi Scrappy--Here's the photos you requested of the flush glazed fiberglass patio doors made by Plastpro I talked about in cottonpenny's post on saving $$$ & the windows. It's been a while, so I thought I'd post it to you vs. on the old thread. Sorry it took so long--camera difficulties.

Flush Glazed Door Interior:

Door & Windows Interior:

Closeup of Flush Glazed Frame:

Doors & Windows Exterior:

Here is a link that might be useful: Plastpro Flush Glazed Fiberglass Onelite Doors

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scrappy25

what a nice surprise to come on and see my name at the top! Those doors and windows look awesome, and there is a distributor less than 10 miles from me! only thing is, they work only with contractors but I'll have a def lead on more affordable doors and windows with your information here. Thank you SO much!

Bookmark   December 1, 2011 at 10:24PM
mydreamhome

Thanks for the compliment, Scrappy. I truly hope this helps you out. I know I was thrilled when I found these doors (I had to go to a different building supplier than the one my builder used to find them!) DH didn't even get to see these doors until they arrived & he was VERY impressed. I think there is a link on the Plastpro site to locate distributors in your area. Once you've located a distributor, you can generally call them & ask which building supply houses they work with in your area & take it from there.

Originally we were set up for 3 sets of French doors across the back of the house--Cha-Ching!$!$! For cost reasons, we went with the 2 single doors flanking the 3 center windows. I will tell you, the only thing I would have done different was that I would have been more cognizant of the transom glass sizes matching up--my windows needed to be slightly shorter & the transoms above them slightly taller to perfectly match the doors & their transoms. Don't know if you're planning a similar set up, but thought you might benefit from my oversight if so :-)

Bookmark   December 1, 2011 at 10:43PM
scrappy25

Mydreamhome, just saw this reply, sorry so late! Your doors and windows look awesome and I am sure that no one would notice the slight difference in transoms except for you! I searched some other threads of yours- are those windows Marvin Integrity with GBG? thanks!

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 1:19PM
CamG

Mydreamhome, are your knobs and hinges black or ORB? Thanks!

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 1:28PM
mydreamhome

Hi CamG--They are actually Venetian bronze made by Architectural Ironworks. They are now Longleaf Collection out of Albemarle, NC. I've attached a link below to their configuration builder site. The ones we have are a 50N backplate with a #2 handle and then you simply select which function you want the hardware to have (passage/privacy/dummy/etc).

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: LongLeaf Configuration Builder Site

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 3:36PM
More Discussions
help, is main gable too flat/not enough dimension?
last chance to change it. Will this front elevation...
msmith110705
Spray Foam - Worth it?
I've been asked by several members of my family if...
Improv241
Banquette seating by Ballard /Coventry line
Has anyone purchased banquette seating through this...
mrspete
door heights
Hi, We have a mixture of 9' ceilings and cathedral...
muffn
Finished basement infloor heat in MN
We are working to trim back costs on our upcoming build....
Mini Soda
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™