Went to 4 craft shows on Saturday !!!

toomuchglassNovember 18, 2007

Wow - I Was exhausted !!!! The fair at the Technical college here is the best anywhere. The people there are more "artists" than crafters. All the booths were unique - very few duplicates of crafts. I bought one thing I Haven't seen before ( but who knows - it might have been around for ages ) it's called a pondering pool . All it's made out of is a 3" terra cotta pot bottom , filled with a few stones and sand and a "saying" ( Mine says Humor" ) and it's filled with clear resin. It looks like alittle pool . She had all different sizes , different containers

and sayings ... I paid $3 for it. It's cute ! One other booth that was there had people flocked around it . She had crocheted purses made out of fabric strips. ( Like rag rugs) Her booth was decorated with wine bottles and corks.I couldn't figure out the connection between purses and corks - till I read a sign she has up . It went something like this :

"In the evening , I like to sit back in my big brown rocking chair and do my work. I get all my strips of fabric ready , and open myself a nice bottle of wine.

I begin crocheting . Somewhere between the first and fourth glass, the pattern comes to mind and I begin CREATING... I never know how a purse will turn out. I'm finished just about the time the bottle is ,so I take the cork , Sign my name to it and tuck it inside the purse.

Then I name my purses . "

And that's her story . It was such a cool gimmick - she had people flocked around ! Her purses had silly names like " Firefly delight" " Moonlight Madness"

"Extreme delight" . I bet she did great.

The rest of the shows were nice - Besides jewelry - I saw alot of homemade soaps and lotions. Well - that's the report . I'm still tired ! LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

That was a cute story, thanks for sharing it with us. Her purses sound like a neat idea too. Probably very colorful.

I've never seen a "pondering pool" either. That sounds neat. Nice to have on a workstation or a windowsill, especially with a word to meditate on.

I've never considered doing four craft shows in one day! Whew!

Luvs

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 11:40AM
toomuchglass

I tried taking a pic of the pondering pool .... if you look close - you can see the rocks and the sand . It actually does look like a little reflection pool .

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 12:56PM
sjarz

It's cute, but why wouldn't she have either written the word on something transparent or painted it on the bottom of the pool - I'm not crazy about that piece of cardstock stuck there like that....
Suzan J

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 5:56PM
toomuchglass

You are right Sjarz ..... THere is alot of romm for improvement .

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 7:15PM
More Discussions
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™