craft show report

danaohNovember 13, 2007

sold out of cake in a mug - had 14 @$5! Sold a few dang it dolls @$5 (church bazaar, hence the name), a couple of record bowls (a 78@$5 and a 45@$2.50), a few dog scarves @$4. Not a single felted wool sweater purse @$25 - and those are the best! Made $140, booth cost $40 (plus the $2 for the incredible brownies)- an ok day, but of course it was fun.

I put the prices in because I am always curious about what people are charging. Think I am low$ on dang it dolls, they are more work than the scarves or mugs. But at $5 they make a good gag gift.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toomuchglass

Your prices are VERY reasonable !!! In my experience ,church bazaars were never profitable for me , people just wanted a place to walk around , visit and look. I think you did GREAT and the most important part - you had fun !!

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 9:42AM
danaoh

toomuchglass - it is always a very fine line between priced to sell and underpriced. I think I am a little underpriced, but I want to get rid of my stock

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 10:50AM
toomuchglass

I'm the same way ... I'm not making any money if my things sit home in a closet . There are people that insist they get what they think their craft is worth and will sit with their stuff forever. Then - on top of that - from hauling the stuff back and forth ,it loses it's "newness" . ( IMO )
Yep - I'd rather price to sell and constantly have nice ,new stock.

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 11:27AM
grandma_bonnie

Good for you! Yep, you're right on the prices... Is that your last show of the season?

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 7:23PM
christopherh

You didn't sell the purses because everything else was $5.00
After you rid yourself of the items you longer wish to carry, the purses will move as I believe they are priced just right.

We have always had a saying in this business: "Quick nickels are better than slow dimes". And we price our products accordingly. But a secret here is to establish your price and then lower yout COSTS. Thus increasing PROFIT.

Bookmark   November 14, 2007 at 7:54AM
danaoh

good point christopherh

Bookmark   November 14, 2007 at 12:25PM
christopherh

We're off today to set up at another 3 day show in Troy, NY near Albany. But it's only 60 miles away so it's a "commuting" show. No hotel!
This is with a major nationwide promoter (Country Folk Art) and has always been profitable, so here's hoping.

Chris

Bookmark   November 15, 2007 at 6:52AM
williamsburgjane

Good luck with your show Chris! Let us know how you do.

Bookmark   November 15, 2007 at 5:52PM
danaoh

my daughter took the purses to work. Before lunch she sold 3! and she hadn't even put them out in the lunch room. People just wanted to know what was in her big bag at her desk. guess I just had the wrong crowd at the shows.

Bookmark   November 28, 2007 at 2:44PM
More Discussions
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™