Ribbon storage

lsjtcNovember 12, 2008

Don't know if this is the right place for this post or not, but here goes. I saw a picture once of someone who used some sort of over the door rack of some sort to store ribbon on and it was really neat and a great space saver. As usual,I did not print out the picture and do not remember where I saw it. If anyone has any ideas, they would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

I have a bunch of ribbon left over my making rainbow/bead stuff. I have it in a rubbermaid box (clear) by color filed on the edges. I have seen various ways to put ribbons in boxes, pull the ribbon out etc, but to me it is messey.
Of course my ribbons are all 1/8 wide. Wider ones would be more room. Could you google ribbon racks over door???

Bookmark   November 12, 2008 at 5:23PM
craftylady-2006

This sounds like a great idea, I'm going to try it. I have way too much ribbon in a good size wooden box and it's way too messy. Any more and I'll have to dump it out to look at all of it. I was thinking how I could attach dowel sticks between the two sides. Any suggestions? Maybe I could just make the dowel cut just a tish bit more than the length of the space between the sides and jam it in there when I get the ribbon on the dowel. Sounds good to me, why make it hard right!!! As long as I could get it off when I need to remove spools or put more on. LOL Drilling holes on the sides is not an option, I think this box is an antique. It's old and fantastic looking and hasdove-tailed interwoven ends. It was given to me. I don't want to ruin it. It's perfect for the ribbon, keeps it all together.

Mariend - do you have slits cut in the sides of the plastic containers to pull the ribbon out?

Sal

Bookmark   November 12, 2008 at 6:21PM
sunnyca_gw

I have what I think is a gun rack or maybe fishing pole rack & I put ribbons on it using size dowel that fits hole in ribbon, Most of mine are 3/8 in. up. I got the dowels at ts,don't know what they were for. It hangs on wall & I can pull down what I need or remove dowel & take off the ones I need. It holds quite a few. Would depend on size of rack. Mine is about30 in. long & has 4-5 dowels. Not enough but if I did a lot of crafting with ribbons would get a bigger 1.

Bookmark   November 13, 2008 at 12:52AM
More Discussions
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™