Appliances for small kitchen

beth1010December 3, 2013

Hi. I've been reading your posts and good advice, and finally decided to jump in.

We're renovating a small kitchen in a small apartment. We are planning to install an OTR microwave/convection oven with recirculating fan over a 30" gas cooktop over a single electric 30" wall oven. We have no room for any other wall oven configuration, so we prefer a large capacity wall oven. We don't want an induction cooktop. We have no outside venting, so no hood.

We're also installing a 24" panel-ready dishwasher.

For the microwave, gas cooktop and electric wall oven, we're considering GE Profile (PSA9240SFSS or PVM9179SFSS, PGP953SETSS and PT7050SFSS or similar) or KitchenAid (KHMC1857BSS, KFGS306VSS or similar and KEBS109BSS). Any recommendations?

For the dishwasher, we're leaning toward KitchenAid KUDE70FX for the heat dry cycle and third rack. Anyone have good experiences with that model?

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vedazu

Just a small point: I've had an inexpensive GE 18" dishwasher in my kitchen, along with a 24". We almost NEVER use the 24. Unless you have a large family, you end up holding dishes in the dishwasher for too many days, trying to avoid wasting all that energy on a couple of plates. I think that most people, especially empty nesters, could gain back some cabinet space if they gave up the idea of a 24 inch dishwasher.

Bookmark   December 7, 2013 at 11:22PM
More Discussions
BlueStar Refrigerators
Anyone taken a look at the new BS refrigerators? If...
Mistman
Help installing power cord to 48inch dual wolf range
I'm trying to install the power cord, not sure how...
rubyrashel
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
athensmomof3
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
need help - with Miele DW and Ikea Sektion panel
Hi All, Getting a Sektion kitchen. I want a Miele...
Kathy Rohde
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™