Oven/cooktop/microwave - KitchenAid or GE Profile?

beth1010December 7, 2013

Hi. I've been reading your posts and good advice, and finally decided to jump in and ask your advice for our apartment kitchen renovations.

It's a small kitchen, so we're limited to an OTR microwave/convection oven with recirculating fan over a 30" gas cooktop over a single electric 30" wall oven. We have no outside venting, so no hood. We don't want an induction cooktop.

It's just the 2 of us, but we entertain on weekends so I'd like the wall oven and microwave to have large capacity. I cook but rarely bake.

We're considering:

GE Profile microwave PSA9240SFSS or PVM9179SFSS, cooktop PGP953SETSS and wall oven PT7050SFSS or similar), or

KitchenAid microwave KHMC1857BSS, cooktop KFGS306VSS or similar and wall oven KEBS109BSS.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nerdyshopper

We and our daughter have GE Profile ovens and microwaves. Both have ceramic top electric cooktops. When family bought Whirlpool built ovens they seemed to have less interiou volume because they were shorter. But now my stepdaughter got Kitchenaid appliances in her recent remodel and they seem to be much larger. Be sure to check interior volumes. Also the Profile micrwaves we have (12 yeares old) are the fastest heating of any brand we have ever had. I hope more members respond because we are talking rather ancient history and in the last decade the appliance world has changed dramatically.

Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 7:15AM
More Discussions
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
Increased price for high end appliances
Hi All, Sorry for the long post - I'm getting incredibly...
loveumms
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
Gaggenau or Miele combi steam oven?
We are renovating our kitchen and are planning on a...
Treblemaker
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™