Centerpeice suggestions for a baby shower....

sharon620October 8, 2006

Hello

I am looking to see if anyone has any ideas on centerpeices for my neices baby shower. We are going with pastels, mostly pink and blue and we have 6 tables to decorate.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sharon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
passport4vicki

Have you thought of a diaper cake? They are simple to make and the diapers come in real handy!

Bookmark   October 9, 2006 at 11:29AM
jade2

What I recently did was take 3 empty straight sided baby bottles, fill with the fake snow, insert some long stemmed gerber daisies, and tied them together with some narrow ribbon after scotch taping them. They worked great!!

Bookmark   October 11, 2006 at 9:23PM
rocki317

You could look in thrift stores or yard sales for those ceramic baby plant holders that everyone gets with flowers in the hospital (the old ones look great) and either put a plant and some balloons or tape some balloons in the bottom and fill with candy or something.

Bookmark   October 12, 2006 at 9:51PM
Frances_AR

Or...... find a doll cradle or stroller, etc and do an arraingement in it, adding baby bottles, (as well as bottle brushes) lotions, etc to the flowers and ribbons.

Bookmark   October 12, 2006 at 11:11PM
surfergal

I just did a diaper cake - it was so easy and turned out great. got a large round plastic platter, used double stick foam tape to tape a flattened styro ball to the center. rolled up diapers with rubber bands and stacked them around the styrofoam, and then tied a ribbon around to cover the rubber bands and fasten the first row together. I stuck 4 wooden skewers in the styro, then attached 3 or four rolled diapers to the skewers by slipping thru the rubber bands. then filled in the remainder of the second layer. this secured the second layer to the first. I tied a ribbon around again to hold the layer together. I used 3 bibs with cute sayings and covered the sides(1/3 each) of the first layer, tucking in top and bottom of the bib. I tucked small toys and gadgets all over under the ribbon, and bought multi packs of baby socks and made roses. I used paper covered wire from garbage bags to wrap around the bottom of the sock roses, leaving a long piece of wire. I tucked the wire between the diaper rolls on the top of each layer to secure the roses to the cake. I found a cute small coordinating bear to put on the top of the cake. I wedged him between the 4 skewers that stood up about a 1/2 inch on top of the cake and wound curling ribbon around the bear and skewers to hold him in place, letting some curled ribbon trail over the sides I used the sock roses to camo the skewers. I cut paper doilys in half and tucked them under the cake to hide the plate that showed. roll up the diapers while watching tv one night. roll up and wire the baby socks the next nite. stack and tie and tuck the next day. really fast and easy and fun!

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 6:48PM
le_chef

Hi everyone.

I just noticed that all post here are very old, from fall 2006.

I wonder why...

Nevertheless: here are som advice on how to make a beautiful diaper cake in 23 mins. or less.

:O)

/
Yours truly, le_Chef

Here is a link that might be useful: Diaper Cakes.tk

Bookmark   May 20, 2008 at 12:38PM
More Discussions
Vase Fillers As Rhinestones?
Hi everyone, I bought a few of these clear vase filler...
moonwolf_gw
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
Sponsored Products
Laurie's Ruffled White Cotton Shower Curtain
Overstock.com
WS Bath Collections Milo 72 Inch Modern Glass Freestanding Tub - MILO-WOOD
Hayneedle
Sapele Luxury Folding Shower Bathroom Seat Modern Bathroom Accessory
Hudson Reed
Foremost Shower Enclosures Tides 29 in. to 31 in. x 65 in. Framed Pivot Shower
Home Depot
Danze® Sheridan™ Roman Tub Faucet Trim Kit - Oil Rubbed Bronze
Modern Bathroom