Suggestions needed

ivamaeOctober 25, 2010

I would like to make something to hold gift cards that I would like to give to family for Christmas, out of scrapbooking and card making supplies. Does anyone have some cute ideas?

I haven't been on this forum for a long time. I must get back to it as there are so many talented people here.

Keep up the good work.

I've been spending my time making chemo caps for a support group in our city. I hope they help someone. So far I have made 40 crocheted or knit or combination fo both, this summer and fall. Our weather gets prety cold.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

I don't scrapbook so no help there but think it is wonderful you make caps for folks fighting cancer. I'm sure the person wearing 1 is very grateful to be warm & cozy & they are probably thrilled to know people actually spent time making them. Thanks for being so generous with you time & materials! Jan

Bookmark   October 26, 2010 at 3:07AM
adellabedella_usa

Google "gift card holder craft" and then click on images. I saw a lot of cute ideas that could be made from paper. Have fun!

Bookmark   October 26, 2010 at 12:23PM
ivamae

What wonderful sites.

Thank you so much

Bookmark   October 26, 2010 at 4:39PM
marti8a

I made a mini scrapbook last year. I got the idea from this blog and tweaked it a bit to make it work better for gift cards. This is a cached copy of the blog. Evidently they are making some blog changes and the original link no longer works. Hope this one does.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mini Scrapbook from Grooving 2 Music

Bookmark   October 31, 2010 at 1:46AM
pattico_gw

Is what you are asking for a holder for some of your homemade cards ?

I bought some cards that came in a white fabric envelope that was made with battenburg(sp) lace on the front. and had a loop and a large button on the front for closing.

If that is anything like you are wanting I can take a pic and post it for you.

patti

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 4:05PM
ivamae

Thanks everyone. What I was looking for was a holder for store gift cards. I wanted something to enclose them in for gifts. I did as sugested and googled the wording suggested and got some wonderful ideas. I am so pleased. Thanks everyone for your suggestions

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 5:45PM
laurastheme

A year or so ago I saw old post cards made into gift card holders. Or copies of post cards could be used if you didn't want to use the original card. You fold them in half, then glue or sew two edges together. If I remember right there was also a notch cut in the top of one side for easy access to the gift card.

Bookmark   November 5, 2010 at 11:31PM
More Discussions
Ideas for Button Crafts- Wuttons
Look what I found at Joann today! I thought these owl...
arollins1
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™