thanksgiving ideas for pumpkins

cateyanneOctober 19, 2011

Every year our 1st and 2nd graders get a pumpkin donated to each of them from a nice lady who uses them for holiday decorating. She brings them into class the week before Thanksgiving break so typically we have had the children make their pumpkins into turkeys to take home with them for their Thanksgiving tables. I would really like to try something new this year but am having a heck of a time coming up with anything.The internet has not been forthcoming! Any of you clever crafters have an idea? Either Thanksgiving or something pretty to represent the bounty of fall? The pumpkins are the small pie pumpkin size.Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses

1. They could be decoupaged with decorative tissue paper and /or scooped out and flowers made out of paper by the children put in with the pumpkin as a vase. Paper flowers could be mixed with turkeys and pumpkins and haystacks and other seasonal things.
2. They could be carved or decorated to look like a little house. I don't have as clear vision for this idea.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 19, 2011 at 10:16PM
cateyanne

Thanks Kathy, decoupaging is a great idea. That is definitely something a 1st or 2nd grader could do. The carving sounds good too but because of their ages we try to stay away from the cutting and carving.
Cathy

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 6:11PM
adellabedella_usa

Our school had the kids decorate pumpkins as a book character for Halloween. They just used paints.

Have you ever been to an egg drop where the kids make a container for a raw egg to try to keep it from breaking when you drop it off of the roof of a building? It's fun and kids love it. You could have a pumpkin drop instead.

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 6:16PM
More Discussions
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
Vase Fillers As Rhinestones?
Hi everyone, I bought a few of these clear vase filler...
moonwolf_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™