Is there a pattern or trick to making a cord cover?

sharon_flOctober 1, 2007

I have purchased a swag crystal chandelier for my grandaughter's room, as well as 2 wall plug in chandelier sconces. I'd like to cover all of the cords. The ones I see from Googling-are like $35 each! The ones that are ruched (sp?) are so nice. Anyone have instructions for this? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

I'm no expert but I would think if you made a long tube sleeve out of cotton fabric (something flexible) and slipped it over the cord it would do just fine. You might want to post your question in the Sewing Forum for a more better answer from those who sew more than I do.

Sal

Bookmark   October 1, 2007 at 7:35PM
FlamingO in AR

Long tubes of fabric will work, but eventually the ruching will slip towards the floor. I would sew the long seam and then on the very edge, zigzag down it over a piece of cord or dental floss, something strong. Then you could pull and gather it to the required length, tie it off and take a little stitch here and there to lock it in place. Then the ruching will not slip. I've also seen them open on the side with velcro so slipping the cord in is super easy. I wouldn't bother with that though, it makes them too thick.

Bookmark   October 1, 2007 at 7:56PM
sharon_fl

Thanks Flamey & Sal...it all makes sense now. I'll be using a baby pink or lavender chiffon type material. Your advise is much appreciated!

Bookmark   October 2, 2007 at 7:19AM
More Discussions
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
wind spinner patterns
does anyone have patterns for the old time wind spinners...
parker806
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Sponsored Products
Hooked on People Bamboo Storage Box
$24.99 | Dot & Bo
Ultima Thule Bowl - Iittala
$75.00 | HORNE
Da Vinci Suspension by Schonbek Lighting
$1,757.80 | Lumens
Jut Square Outdoor Dining Table, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Filament Design Cathrine 1 Light 11 in. Satin Chrome Display Light CLI-DN1401135
Home Depot
The Perfect Shade Creator 14 x 11-ft. Motorized Retractable Awning - RGL1411MTR-
Hayneedle
Center Ring Circus Giclee 14" Wide Ceiling Light
Lamps Plus
Ribbon Willow Puff Chair Cover
$363.00 | Bludot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™