Current info on Viking range reliability

needinfo1December 8, 2012

I know Viking is really knocked on this forum. But, I have been to at least 6 or 8 different appliance stores, and every salesperson has told me that Viking had problems 3 or 4 years ago with quality control. But, things are now much better, and for a basic range this is a really good choice of brand. I guess I cana't quite believe that every single one of these salespeople would be lying because they get more commission from Viking. Also, I was looking at several different brands at each store, so I feel I got balanced advice.

I am looking at their VGIC series which is a very basic open burner gas range. Many things about it are very appealing. Plus, they now offer a 3 year warranty (something I am sure they had to do to overcome the bad reputation of the brand). If you have bought a Viking in the past year or two, have you been pleased?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
armada

LOL on anything Viking being "basic". I too am interested in owners' opinions :)

Bookmark   December 8, 2012 at 10:24PM
breezygirl

I'm not sure if their products have improved, but apparently their customer service has not. CS, to me, is an important part of decision-making in these days of appliances in general lacking the same long-lasting quality of days past.

Bookmark   December 8, 2012 at 11:54PM
needinfo1

armada--By basic I meant I am looking at the least complicated range in the Viking line, the one with the fewest electronic components.

breezy--so, they've extended their warranty, but people are still having hassles getting a decent response from customer service?

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 9:30AM
More Discussions
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
Help Me Choose A Wall Oven
I have a Gaggenau 24" inch convection oven over...
heron3
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
Food Processor - Old Cuisinart, New Cuisinart, Used Robot Coupe?
I am thinking about getting a Cuisinart food processor. I...
johnliu_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™