Kenmore HE4t Inner Drum Spindle

tuffametuffayouDecember 1, 2013

I disassembled our Kenmore HE4t with the intentions of replaceing the tub bearings. However upon inspection the inner tub spindle assembly or spider is cracked almost all the way around. Sears doesn't list it as a separate part and the on line parts house also only lists the entire drum as a replacement even though the spider can be removed.
Is there a compatable spider from a similar kenmore that will fit and have the same size spindle?
Kenmore HE4t model # 110.45981400

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Parts are arranged on some models such that the spider is not available as a separate item. Even if a spider from some other unit would retrofit, getting the old spider off the old drum may not be as easy as you think ... the anchor nuts are very tight, possibly sealed with Loctite or some such adhesive. I refurbished a 2006 Whirlpool Duet last year, the spider wasn't broken but had developed some corrosion and deterioration. I bought a replacement drum but tried getting the old spider loose just to see if I could and the nuts wouldn't come off, ended up damaging a couple in the attempt ... although maybe I wasn't using the right method of attack.

Bookmark   December 3, 2013 at 8:11AM
More Discussions
760 cfm vs 900 cfm
I purchased a 36 Jenn Air (6 burners) range. I doubt...
abick2
Noxious new oven smell ??
Our new Electrolux wave-touch double oven is wonderful,...
infohound2006
Rangetops - Wolf, Bluestar Platinum, or Bluestar "regular"
I realize some of my questions have been covered, but...
riese1
AGA Marvel Refrigerator - noisy?????
Hello GWrs....hoping one of you owns one of these things...
lisanoon
Any thoughts about Bosch and GE Profile appliances?
I am building a passive house and trying to choose...
di77ce
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™