I made the pop can ghosts

donnas_gwOctober 25, 2007

Made a daddy, momma and baby ghost. Used the pop cans for the body for momma and daddy. I used an empty pudding cup turned upside down for baby's body and a 1 1/2" styrofoam ball for head. I think I used 3" balls for the parent's heads. The daddy looks the best. I think I made the momma's mouth too large, and too round. Looks like she's singing! The baby...LOL, LOL, her eyes are SO big it looks like SHE'S seen a ghost!! Sorry, no pictures.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oddie

I am sure they are all three very cute! sometimes its the mistakes we make that make them so cute, why shouldnt a mamma ghost sing, and most kids eyes would get very big if mamma started to sing LOL! Love it!
Oddie

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 7:57AM
luvstocraft

Wish you could share pics for us to see. Bet they look cute! I know Oddie is pleased that she inspired you to do a project, that's the fun part of sharing ideas here. Luvs

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 11:46AM
donnas_gw

that was funny oddie LOL. Everytime I look at them, that's what I think and it makes me laugh. I used white fabric that was only $1.00 a yard instead of cheese cloth. I sewed 1/2" white lace around the bottoms of the momma's and baby's "dresses"..lol. I'm not good at all when it come to doing faces. Instead of painting the eyes on, I tried to find something oval I could use. I remembered my low-temp glue gun which uses large oval glue sticks. I took one and dabbed it in some black paint and pressed it onto the faces for the eyes. After giving the momma and baby a round mouth, I decided to use the glue stick method on the daddy for his mouth. They are very cute!!

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 12:38PM
donnas_gw

luvstocraft, I'm working on getting that digital camera..lol. When I do, I'll probably need someone to help me figure out how to get the pictures from the camera onto here. I think you have to have some kind of disk or something that plugs into your computer, (I think).

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 2:04PM
luvstocraft

When you are ready, there are some really good tutorials on here to help you post them. In fact, Evelyncraftdiva just posted one a few days ago with pictures and everything--you might want to find it and save it so you will have it when you need it. We will look forward to seeing your craft pics. Luvs

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 7:43PM
shysue

I like making the can ornaments, too. Not only are you making a cute craft, but recycling as well. Can't wait to see your ghosts!

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 5:40PM
oddie

Donna what a clever Idea to use the glue stick ! I will keep that in mind, sure wish we could see your ghost!
Happy Crafting
oddie

Bookmark   October 28, 2007 at 9:08AM
More Discussions
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™