more ?s about craft shows

danaohOctober 9, 2008

I have signed up for the Edgewood High School craft show, in Trenton, Ohio. I thought it was supposed to be a good one, but now I don't know. It is 2 days, $50, weekend before Thanksgiving. Just found out from chairman that last year they had about 150 people total for the two days. Isn't that small? I was really counting on this one, I have about 75 cakes in a mug and 12 or so felted wool sweater purses. For you experienced showers, what do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mjowest

150 people total visiting the show?

That does sound small. and expensive. Even for two days.

I just had a similar thing- one show I had been counting on sent the application.
It's small town Michigan- and it used to be $25.
Now it's $50 and no tables available. :(

I'll be looking for another show.

Bookmark   October 9, 2008 at 4:46PM
old-vt-crafter

150 customers in two days tells me... no, it SHOUTS to me there is no advertising.

I am usually the type of exhibitor that will honor a contract. But if the show averages 75 people a day, I will have to be awakened in order to make a sale!
But you go, make more money than if you sat home, and write off the show for next year. Or start searching for a replacement show and consider the $50 a donation. I would be doing the latter.

So... Go to www.craftlister.com and look for something to replace the show. You type in your zip code and how far you want to travel, and all the shows come up. Type in Nov 20 as the start date and Nov 30 as the end date.

Bookmark   October 16, 2008 at 7:47AM
maltezeoscar

I'll have to agree with the previous poster. 150 is very small especially for 2 days. However, since it looks like you are probably "locked" into this show, make the best of it for yourself. Do you own advertising. Make up a "Craft Show Announcement" of your own & email it to everyone in your address book. Make your own postcards & mail them out to all your friends & previous customers. Remember, you can write off all your advertising costs ie: postage & cardstock. Lastly, start right now looking for shows for next fall. This is the best time of the year for crafts shows......there ARE good ones out there. You just have to do your homework.

Good luck!

Bookmark   October 16, 2008 at 9:13AM
grandma_bonnie

Several co-ordinaters of craft shows also give flyers to every vender so they can hand them out to their friends. I have a calendar at my booth that lists all the local shows in the area for people to glance at. I still have another 12 shows before Christmas...

Bookmark   October 16, 2008 at 10:08AM
danaoh

Heard from ambruscu - she was there last year. Said the head of the show has been ill and and gets a little confused. There were 150 vendors. She says that it was a good show.

Bookmark   October 16, 2008 at 10:12AM
creepfan

Hope your friend was right and it is/was a good show for you! Let us know how it goes. :)

Bookmark   October 19, 2008 at 4:29PM
grandma_bonnie

I actually read it as vendors...

Bookmark   October 19, 2008 at 7:24PM
More Discussions
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™