Some Yard Sale Goodies

kudzukweenOctober 6, 2008

I got some of these Friday and had some already from previous yard sales. There was the best yard sale...I bought all kinds of craft goodies for a quarter a package, some were a few packages for a quarter. Like these quilted muslin angel wings, 24 of those for a quarter, and will go with the heart quilt cut-outs my sister bought me at a yard sale, and the fabric yo-yo's I bought at Hobby Lobby for .75 on clearance. All I need is a great idea for making the angel. I have a bog of bits and pieces of crochet and tatting to use in it, too. There were about 6 packages of silver plated charms-butterflies,cherubs,wings,angels,birds,etc- and 1 package of 24 gold plated charms-maybe 8 or more charms in each package, for a quarter a package. These vintage long white ladies gloves still in the original package for .75. Pastel feathers to go with some doilies I have that I want to make dream catchers with. A cup with some old buttons and costume jewelry. A set of 3 lights I'd like to use with some Starbucks frappucino bottles to make a Fall light display. A lot of stuff that's not even pictured!

Suggestions would be wonderful!

Kudzu/Cherry

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calirose

Great buys! I made an angel that you might like.

Here is a link that might be useful: angel

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 4:23PM
sunnyca_gw

With those gloves & pretty feathers & doilies & charms, you may have to make something under glass. OHHHH so many nice pretties!! You will have a ball! Jan

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 11:53PM
kudzukween

What a beautiful angel, thank you so much CaliRose!

Bookmark   October 7, 2008 at 6:59AM
enjoyingspring

I have noticed that a lot of people are selling off their craft supplies at garage sales.

Bookmark   October 7, 2008 at 7:57AM
More Discussions
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
Halloween ideas
Hello, I am looking to do some knitted characters for...
Chrsbt45
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Ideas for Button Crafts- Wuttons
Look what I found at Joann today! I thought these owl...
arollins1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™