Frigidaire Refrigerator

whiteraabDecember 1, 2012

Hello all,

I've recently acquired a very old refrigerator from my parents. My father states that the fridge has to be at least 60 or 70 years old. It's still in great working condition (it just looks a little beat up) and in fact it works a little too good. The problem is that there is no manuel and I can't find a model number anywhere on the fridge. I've uploaded a few pictures. I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I could find some information about this fridge and if it's worth keeping around? Thanks for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Probably uses a TON of electricity. A modern refrigerator will use 1/100th as much.

Bookmark   December 1, 2012 at 9:28PM
llaatt22

Do you have the original license plate?
(Lame joke - Frigidaire was a GMC division then.)

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 9:53PM
jscout

Wow, that looks like it has an all metal interior and built the last. Personally, I would convert that thing into a smoker and make the best BBQ. But that's just me.

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 11:13AM
doug_gb

Usually the door gasket is shot, or the latch breaks. Neither of which you're going to find replacemnt parts.

It's junk.

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 12:00PM
Jumpilotmdm

Junk? I think not. It would make a great 2nd fridge. Yes, it uses alot more than a modern fridge, which could be the difference between $1.29 per month and $5.00 per month. How many months to pay for a new one???

Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 5:20PM
a2gemini

My parents had a similar one in the basement for years - we used it for beverages - efficient - Not - but a conversation piece - it would have been even neater with the fan on the top. I think there fridge was a GE but not sure and gone for about 10 years. It worked great!

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 1:03PM
caben15

Beer fridge. Garage or man cave. Or use it in your holiday house. My family has a beach house we use sporadically with a 1950s era GM Frigidaire also, the fridge works amazingly well, though is very loud. It's only turned on when someone is staying there so the efficiency isn't much of an issue.

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 10:25PM
More Discussions
self cleaning oven racks
Almost all oven manufacturers require removing oven...
dickross
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Whirlpool Chillerator Repair Question
I posted on this issue in Electrical Wiring, but I...
amyf5
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
Shark Hard Surface Steam CleanerSE3306C steam not coming out of nozzle
Hi, Our Shark Hard Surface Steam Cleaner is heating...
danadevy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™