oddie, question on your snowmen

donnas_gwOctober 27, 2007

Oddie, it looks like you are using a styrofoam ball for the heads. If so, what are you applying to it to give it that "snowy" look? Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oddie

donnas, the ones you see on the snowman posted were glass bulbs, kinda old ones, they were white and bumpy already, out of those so I am trying the styrofoam ones,I have tried dunking the ball in white gesso ,or spounging gives kinda of a bumpy look
bouth are still drying so not sure what will work best yet.
oddie

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 5:02PM
gillysgal

I make thease too...and I like to cover styrofoam balls with mod podge,,,and sprinkle with a mix of poly glitter and Diamond dust ...they look great.If I could figure out how to post pics ...I would post some.But cant quite figure it out ...I'm bummed. But mind you mine are not in any way shape or form as good as oddies! Donna

Bookmark   May 3, 2008 at 7:06PM
luvstocraft

Hi Gillysgal, Welcome to the craft forum. All of us had to figure out how to post pics once upon a time too. Anj over on the Painting forum just updated our picture posting instructions, so you might want to take a look at it. If you just follow it step by step, it is actually pretty easy. Here's a link for you. Looking forward to seeing your pics soon. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post pics

Bookmark   May 4, 2008 at 2:04AM
oddie

Welcome gillysgal! sure would love to see your snowman, always looking for ways to improve the look of the styrofoam balls and would love to see how yours are done, I am sure you did a wonderful job! its not hard to post photos, check out the post and show us your crafts!
will be waiting!
oddie

Bookmark   May 4, 2008 at 8:07AM
More Discussions
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™