Need craft advice for rocks

phish_gwOctober 11, 2013

I travel a lot and collect a lot of pretty rocks. Some are pea-sized, some are strawberry-sized (normal strawberries, not the ones full of hormones), some are kiwi-sized, possibly some as big as orange-sized. I need ideas for a craft to make with them or how to display them. I don't have a rock cutter. I'd love any ideas you have!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

I have some polished small stones dad got at Wall Drug so I thought I would wrap them with gold colored 28 gauge wire with a loop on each end to use with colored glass beads in a bracelet or necklace. Other than that I don't know.

Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 11:38PM
party_music50

I love rocks and collect them wherever I go! I usually display the large ones in the garden, in a potted plant, or someplace like that. I use a nice small covered clear glass dish (like a covered candy dish?) with some beach sand in it and keep my small rocks and shells on the sand. :) I keep medium-sized rocks, like river rocks, in baskets that I make. And when I have a nice piece of sea-glass I weave it into a necklace! :)

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 11:11AM
marie_ndcal

Somewhere I had a book on painting on rocks. Not sure if I still have it or not. Lots of really cute ideas for all sizes. These usually are left outside in the garden area so you need the waterproof paints. You probably can go on line to find these books.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 9:53PM
More Discussions
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™