How to- wrinkled, gathered lace

qmarkerOctober 19, 2012

Hi, I could use some advice before I ruin my craft project. I ordered yards of gathered lace edged in tiny pearls at the bottom to hot glue to mini flower pots as a dress. It arrived so wrinkled the glued on 'dress' would like like it was slept in.

I don't know what would be the best way to attempt to get the wrinkles out or at least lessened. It is similar to a sheer curtain and the pearl edging I'm sure would melt with heat. It is four yards long so hanging it would not be simple. It is only 2 1/2 inches wide so a cool iron or heated dryer is out too. On the other hand, I could measure & cut the individual pieces I will need first.

Anyone have a suggestion, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks, Donna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tami_ohio

Donna, I think I would dampen it with a spray bottle, a little at a time, and smooth it with your hands. It will take a while to do, and you might want to do it in increments, letting it dry in between pieces. Can you lay sections on a wire rack and weight each section while it dries, if you have room?

Tami

Bookmark   October 19, 2012 at 3:45PM
Annie Deighnaugh

You could try to wet it and lay flat to dry. Or you could try steaming it, like they do with blouses and such in stores if you have a steamer....don't touch the iron to it, but let the steam do the work.

Was there any fibre content or washing instructions with the lace? That may help.

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 8:26AM
Annie Deighnaugh

I've never tried them, but Downy and a few others make a spray wrinkle releaser where you spray and then smooth with your hands.....

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 8:28AM
bouquet_kansas

Could you put the lace in slightly warm water that had a drop of Downy in it, then take out and put on a towel lying
flat , then dry it with a hair blow dryer?

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 10:43PM
More Discussions
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™