Another report

grandma_bonnieOctober 21, 2007

Local parade with craft show. Only 30 venders - including scrapbookers, Pampered Chef, Cookie Lee etc. I did fine! Sold over $300 after expenses - I'll take that as I have two more shows next week-end! No new crafts to report at all - but I sold Potato Bags baggy bags (to hold plastic bags) as well as 3 Grocery Cart Covers (I'll have to make more this week as my stash is looking a little skimpy)along with snowment bag holders/pJ holders. Filled in with aprons - I made Mom and Me aprons this yeat out of Christmas fabric on both sides. I raised my price to $10 for the child's apron that can be colored with markers - I may raise them again... I have to make more of those too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

Sounds great Congratulations
Have you thought of kid's sticker vests? A simple vest made out of clear vinyl that they can stick stickers on? I don't think I have the pattern any more. With a sheet of stickers it might be a good seller for the little ones.

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 1:51PM
grandma_bonnie

...that might be fun!!! I can try that after the holidays next Spring at the Farmer's Markets...

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 4:56PM
christopherh

Congratulations on a good show!
The crafters you do shows with are considered to be the BACKBONE of this business! The weekend crafter that is still making things to sell at the smaller shows. And they are having FUN doing it! Fantastic!
My hat's off to you.

Bookmark   October 22, 2007 at 7:38AM
janet_ks

Congratulations on your show!! And, thanks for updating us as to how shows are going this year -- I won't have my first one until November 10th.

Bookmark   October 22, 2007 at 10:04AM
toomuchglass

You did GREAT !!!! I hope the rest of your shows are just as good

:)

Bookmark   October 22, 2007 at 4:55PM
grandma_bonnie

I have so much fun at the shows, if I make expenses, I consider it a good day... I just have to try to remember to sit down occasionally. I am crippled for the next two days... My next show is a dog show , but on Sunday is the first real craft show. That'll be the real test...

Bookmark   October 22, 2007 at 8:54PM
lynnlynn

That is great. I wished I could have a sell that good. I am working really hard to get things made but it seems like a loosing battle. Can you explain how you make you potato bags? I am wondering what you use on the inside. Can you use warm and natural with regular cotton material on the outside?

Thanks
Rachel

Bookmark   October 23, 2007 at 12:06PM
More Discussions
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Is there a product?
that you can design specific lettering graphics on...
pixistix
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™