Looking for Large Brush in Cap Bottles

barbcollinsOctober 1, 2012

Anybody know where I can find some of these?

I am looking for something like the school glue bottles (but empty) and would stand up to holding rustoleum type paint.

I have tried searching online but everything I find is small like nail polish or touch up paint. I need something bigger than that.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie_ndcal

I just googled brush in capped bottles and there were some there, but not the big paint brushed you may be looking for. Maybe you can take a jar, punch a hole in the top, stick a med. paint brush in it then glue the brush to the top of the jar--or something like that.Why do you want the brush ih a cap? To keep the paint off your hands? If so, you can do the same thing with a plastic bag over your hands.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 5:00PM
barbcollins

He is a plumber. No he is not worried about getting it on his hands.

He needs to paint some gas lines sometimes on the job. Obviously he does not want to make a mess in a customer's house, and it's always a small amount. And he is used to the brush in the cap because many plumbing glues come that way.

I had an idea today, about maybe a baby bottle and somehow sticking the brush through the nipple.

Worst comes to worst, I might by a bottle of school glue and dump it out and clean the bottle & brush.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 8:56PM
painteddragon

I have seen it suggested somewhere to use empty shoe polish bottles for left over paint. to have it on hand if you need to retouch. might work for your husband to.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 2:57PM
barbcollins

Woo Hoo!

Found some. I think I am going order the daubers too. He might like that better than a brush.

http://www.freundcontainer.com/screw-top-steel-cans/p/1905T09-B/

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 3:03PM
More Discussions
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
toomuchglass
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™