?? What is the name of that stuff....??

bamasueOctober 5, 2007

Would like to find some of that rubbery substance that advertisers use to attach samples and things to paper. Am sure you are all familiar with what I'm trying to describe. You can roll it off the paper with your finger. Sort of looks like hot glue but it's not. Any idea? Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

rubber cement?

    Bookmark   October 5, 2007 at 9:05AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hmmm, I thought it might be rubber cement, too, but still not certain. It seems to be softer and a bit less sticky/tacky and makes a nice, small round type puddle very much unlike the old bottle and brush I have. Maybe it's far more new and improved since I bought mine!!

    Bookmark   October 5, 2007 at 9:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Not sure either, but if you called a printer in your area I'm sure they'd know. Or email 3M - they make alot of products in the tape/glue category, they'd likely be able to help.
Suzan J

    Bookmark   October 5, 2007 at 11:14AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Suzan! Great suggestions!! Will probably have to do that. Had just hoped to get a name for it so I didn't sound like such a dum on the phone!! But, hey, it wouldn't be the first time!! Thanks to all of you!!

    Bookmark   October 5, 2007 at 12:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Maybe this wil be helpful??

Here is a link that might be useful: glue dots

    Bookmark   October 6, 2007 at 9:01AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Barb!! That's GOT to be it!! Glue Dots!! And they come in many strengths of tackiness and aren't very expensive!! Who knew!! Sounds like they have more craft applications than I even thought. Thank you so much for your homework and helping me out with a name!! My GS troop thanks you, too!!

    Bookmark   October 6, 2007 at 1:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You are very welcome! Glad I could help! And say hi to the scouts!

    Bookmark   October 6, 2007 at 5:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

it's called "Booger Glue"

    Bookmark   October 9, 2007 at 9:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Barb, How cool are those!!! Thanks for the link.

Bamasue, Can I ask what you are using them for?

    Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 9:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hey, gram! Well, first it was out of sheer curiosity as I pulled off yet another "sample" from an ad in the mail. Then, I thought how great if I could get some of that stuff for the girls to use, my scouts. I've taught them about journaling, scrapbooking, handmade cards, etc. Their moms often have difficulty, understandably, allowing them to permanently glue down some of their very memorable items so thought this might be the perfect stuff if I could locate a vendor. On a more personal side, I, too, am blessed with wonderful grandkids that I love to send cards to with little enclosures of one kind or another...sometimes a few pennies, sometimes a $20 bill, or maybe just some interesting newspaper article. Just thought using the glue dots would add to the fun! Also, from the site I learned that gift basket designers often rely on it for holding item placement! Always a challenge!

    Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 10:54PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
wind spinner patterns
does anyone have patterns for the old time wind spinners...
old - old - old crafts
Boy - looking at that Pack O Fun magazine got me thinking...
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
Sponsored Products
Percy Loveseat - Cordova Picante Orange
Joybird Furniture
Area Rug: Young Buck Collection Lilac 4' x 6'
Home Depot
Echo Large Pendant by Tech Lighting
$412.00 | Lumens
King 464TC Fitted Solid-Color Sheet - FRENCH BLUE
$99.90 | Horchow
Justice Design Group WGL-8561 - Arcadia 1 Light Wall Sconce - Oval Shade - Matte
$196.20 | Hayneedle
Lexington Avenue Table Lamp by Dimond
$210.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™