Meeting w Plumber and GC Tomorrow - What do I need to know?

building_a_houseNovember 15, 2012

Meeting with the plumber and my builder tomorrow to discuss roughing in a kitchenette in the basement, piping in plumbing/gas for an outdoor kitchen/bar for the future, etc.

What else do I need to ask or discuss? Right now the footers are poured and the basement is getting ready to go in next.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

If you want all of that, then you want a bathroom too. Make it a full bath with a shower and it can serve for guest access as well. What about a gas fireplace in the basement? Where is your laundry room? How will you be heating the basement? Hydryonic heat would be a way to keep what is usually a pretty cool location toasty warm. But you'd need to plan for the boiler and the PEX loops.

Also, many locations prohibit a second full kitchen, so be SURE that you are allowed to put in a range and vent. This is to keep the home from potentially being a rental in the future. You'd sure hate to fail inspection and have to yank everything out!

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
building_a_house

Oh, the interior plumbing areas are already planned. There is a full bath and full bedroom already planned for the basement. The house will have geo-thermal heat including the basement, main floor and second floor.

This would mainly be for anything that I wanted in the future like the kitchenette or outdoor kitchen/bbq.

Just trying to make sure there is nothing else that I should add or "rough in" that I am not thinking about.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:34PM
More Discussions
Custom floorplan looking for some feedback/suggestions...
Basement: I've been leaning toward making the theater...
goeersn99
Onyx brand vanity top in Winter or Terrazo?
Does anyone have photos of these? I'm not having good...
brodyt
Well Water
For those of you with well water only. What systems...
Renee0829
Floor Plan Review
Can anyone give some feedback on our floor plan? I...
kymberie
It's March 2015: How is your build progressing?
Zorro-anyone can start one. :) Link to It's February...
autumn.4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™