Glue Ghosts-Easy Craft for Young Children

kudzukweenOctober 7, 2008

I saw this and knew it was perfect for my 5 year old grandson. I drew a ghost shape on waxed paper with a permanent marker and just squeezed white school glue in the outlines. Here's a tip-you might want to flip the waxed paper over to the back side because the red permanent marker bled into the glue. Add eyes before it dries, we used mini pompoms, but wiggle eyes are suggested, or even paint the eyes on after it dries. I trimmed it off with scissors. Also, fishing line would be perfect to hang them, I'd add it to the wet glue. We wound up punching holes in the head with a hole punch.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Oh how cute!! I didn't realize school glue would get stiff enough to pull up. How long does it take to dry? What fun for young kids. I have another easy 1. Tiny spider. 1 black chenille piece (12 in. long)1 -1/2in. bk. pompom 2 -6mm wiggle eyes. Cut the chenille in 4 even pieces.(3 in. each) Twist 1 leg around the other 3 tightly . Have kids spread out "legs" & glue on pompom ,glue on eyes. All done!! You can have little spiders all over the place!! Just right size to park himself on top of pumpkin leaf!! So for $3 or so cheap craft Jan

Bookmark   October 8, 2008 at 2:31AM
kudzukween

Thanks! It stays pliable, I got the head and arms started for my grandson, then he peeled it the rest of the way off,slowly. It takes a good 24 hours to dry.
Oh,a tiny spider! another great project! I'm trying to find easy ones for a kindergarten class and add to my blog. This one is perfect:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Bookmark   October 8, 2008 at 5:28AM
oddie

Soooo cute! seen these made useing a bobbie pin, but I like your way better, dont have to stay with one shape, so what will you use these for?
sunnyca love the spider idea, might have to make some with my gks.
TFS!
oddie

Bookmark   October 8, 2008 at 8:51AM
More Discussions
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Wooden cutouts
This crazy but I am looking for a Texas tech university...
lholton2
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™