Range hood/cfm recs for a BlueStar cooktop?

she_007December 5, 2013

We are considering getting a BlueStar cooktop (probably 36", but maybe 30") for our new home. What range hood do you recommend? I have been reading about makeup air and am a bit concerned about having a hood with the high cfms that I assume the BlueStar 36" would require.

Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gtadross_gw

With hoods, it's always best to get the highest cfm rate you can afford.

As to the cooktop itself, people who have it complain about its difficulty to keep clean. I'd recommend getting the 36" rangetop which is just like the top of the 36" full range. I have the full range and cleaning the top is a breeze.

Bookmark   December 5, 2013 at 4:01PM
bobelicious

I'm looking at the bluestar 36" rangetop (6 burners), a 42" hood (not sure brand yet) and from what I've learned so far, probably about 1000cfm.

Bookmark   December 5, 2013 at 4:02PM
bobelicious

I'd be concerned about the "highest cfm you can afford" since makeup air and/or noise might be a consideration. I'd lean towards minimum needed for most of your cooking needs, plus1 step up.

Bookmark   December 5, 2013 at 4:06PM
she_007

Thanks for the input!
I really like the BlueStar, but I'm concerned about a hood over 600 cfm due to this article and also code requirements. Would it be a big problem to use a 400 or 600 cfm hood with a BlueStar? http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/musings/makeup-air-range-hoods

Bookmark   December 5, 2013 at 4:15PM
gtadross_gw

I'd go with 600 cfm over the 400. The 600 should be enough, depending on your cooking style. Some smoke might escape capture during high heat searing, but most smoke, grease, and odors should be vented adequately via the 600 cfm hood.

Bookmark   December 5, 2013 at 6:08PM
More Discussions
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
self cleaning oven racks
Almost all oven manufacturers require removing oven...
dickross
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™