For those who change your decorations monthly

marti8aSeptember 14, 2009

What do you have for September? When the kids were in school, I had a back to school theme centerpiece. Now that they are grown and gone, that seems pretty lame.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaybird

I use bouquets of slightly weathered looking sunflowers (darker golds, rusts etc..) they are ummmmm silk (gasp)
I put them in various crockery containers, along with the occasional feather, cat tail and lotus pod.
Sticks, stones and candles in lanterns round out the display.

Bookmark   September 15, 2009 at 1:40PM
marti8a

I like the idea of sunflowers in Sept. One year I collected cattail from my pond and it looked great. Then one day I went into the foyer and one of the pods had exploded. Eeek!

When I asked dh what he would like to see in place of school stuff, he said that Sept. 1 is opening day, so something with a shotgun and dove would be nice. Uh huh.

Bookmark   September 17, 2009 at 11:44PM
luvstocraft

Most everyone seems to be bringing out their Fall decor now--it's still so hot here that I can't quite get in the mood for it myself yet. I love sunflowers, so that seems like a good suggestion--not so sure about the shotgun and dove idea however! LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   September 22, 2009 at 9:00PM
jaybird

Marti, if you spray the cattails with hairspray (the cheapest you can find is the best) they won't explode and make a mess. If I am in a hurry, I have used clear spray sealer, but the hairspray is cheaper and works just as well!! I also spray lotus pods and cattails with the very fine spray glitter intended for fancy-schmancy hair dos. They look beautiful!!

Bookmark   September 23, 2009 at 1:16PM
marti8a

Thanks, jaybird, I'll try that.

Bookmark   September 24, 2009 at 9:56AM
More Discussions
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
How to make hobbled roman shades?
Hi, Does anyone know of any free tutorials out there...
pritz
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™