Vine wreath 'Centerpiece'

slinkeySeptember 18, 2008

I posted this on the Holiday site, so I thought I'd put it here too. This is one of the vine wreaths I made and used it a little differently. Instead of hanging it up, I used it for a centerpiece. I put it over a large wire basket I had. Put the hurricane w/candle in the center. Filled the hurricane w/small pine cones and filler. I then added gourds, faux fruit and some berries...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cheri_C

OH Slinkey, What an awesome centerpiece. I just love it. You did an awesome job on it!!!

Bookmark   September 18, 2008 at 11:02PM
slinkey

Thanks cheri...I really enjoyed doing this one, as it was a different look.

Bookmark   September 18, 2008 at 11:07PM
sunnyca_gw

Beautiful!! Like the pinecones in the hurricane lamp too!! Should look great right through Thanksgiving!! Jan

Bookmark   September 19, 2008 at 12:13AM
grandma_bonnie

Beautiful!

Bookmark   September 19, 2008 at 9:07AM
luvstocraft

Slinkey, I commented on the other forum. This wreath really turned out so pretty. I love all the fruits and berries you added to it.

I just wanted to be sure you placed a glass or metal saucer under it if you are going to light it. The reason I say this is that one year, I had a similar one on my coffee table at Christmas, we all left the room to try out a new video game and forgot to put the candle out! It burned down and seeped under the glass globe and caught the decorations around the glass globe on fire. Luckily my son saw it and ran and threw a throw over it to put the fire out. I ended up with a blistered coffee table but it could have been much worse. Believe me, I am pretty paranoid about burning candles now.

Luvs

Bookmark   September 25, 2008 at 1:20PM
slinkey

Oh Luvs..thanks for this advice. I would never have thought of that. How scarey that it happened to you, but fortunate that your son saw it in time. You always hear of horror stories w/candles, but I never would have thought about that happening as you mentioned. Again, thanks and I will definitely follow your advice
jane

Bookmark   September 25, 2008 at 8:27PM
honeysuckleridge

Really beautiful!! Great job!! Thanks for sharing!!

ginger

Bookmark   September 26, 2008 at 6:27AM
More Discussions
yooooo - hooooo
Merry Christmas everyone. Miss the old days at this...
grandma_bonnie
How to decorate christmas tree, beads ribbons etc
I am trying to decide how to decorate my tree this...
L A
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Thick cardboard tubes?
I have access to about as many thick cardboard tubes...
lexie1397
post your april challenge pics here: new growth!
Welcome to the April Challenge! You are challenged...
concretenprimroses
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™