Crafty ideas for a earring stand?

talatSeptember 6, 2007

I am wanting to make a cool earring stand. Any thrifty and cool ideas out there? I have seen some on HGTV, DIY, etc. The best was made of an old cabinet door, with the inside panel of the door removed, and a wire mesh stapled in it's place. Old and funky door knobs were screwed around the door to hold necklaces and such...nice. I am thinking of Christmas gifts.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweets98

I think I once saw one that used a picture frame...you could use any size. I'm not sure if they used fabric and just poked holes in it or screen so that you can put backs on or stick hooks through. You could even go as far as to paint the screen with some sort of design or something!

Bookmark   September 7, 2007 at 8:42AM
talat

I think that's a great idea. Where these people get these 'beautiful old cabinet doors' is beyond me. You could decorate the frame just about any way. Teenage cool to shabby, to chic..

Thanks

Bookmark   September 7, 2007 at 3:28PM
gizmotoz

i made one for myself and used a picture frame that i picked up at a yard sale. it is very rustic, kind of like barn wood and i stapled screen in the back, and it is hanging on the wall in my bathroom. works very well.
gizmo

Bookmark   September 7, 2007 at 3:29PM
scottymam

I made one from spacerbars used for stitching projects. Have been thinking of making one from a picture frame I got at a yardsale.

Bookmark   September 12, 2007 at 7:10AM
springer3

A friend of mine saw someone displaying earrings (open back type) on a box grater. Could be cute for a homespun look. I've also seen framed doilies used as well where you just hook the earings into the doily.

Bookmark   September 27, 2007 at 4:22PM
More Discussions
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Drying or preserving live flowers....
Having just lost a son, I'd like to be able to preserve...
SunnyDJ
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™