Have you noticed that..........

enjoyingspringSeptember 2, 2007

lately there are very few "FREE" patterns on the web these days. Any pattern that you find always has a price tag. I remember a few years ago you could find all kinds of nice patterns for things to make, whether it be knitting, sewing or any other types of crafts. But now, there just does not seem to be anything for "free" anymore, and less people also want to share any patterns they have.

Maybe it is just me, but I just can't seem to find anything worthwhile to make that is free on the web concerning patterns.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweets98

I think Free items are getting harder and harder to find. Some of the free stuff out there are the same things that have been out there for years or aren't that impressive.

A lot of people are selling their patterns these days but they are often for decent prices and many of the designers also will sell kits so you don't have to go shopping for all the pieces! Some places even do e-patterns so you can pay and print off right away.

I can't complaing too much because I seem to be blessed with the abilty to look at things and come up with my own pattern. I can usually make something just by looking and if not, I can at least get the general gist and then come up with my own plan. I paint a lot and I can probably tell you on one hand how many times I used an actual pattern!

Bookmark   September 3, 2007 at 9:26AM
craftfetish

I think you may be right - complete instructions do seem to come with a cost a lot of the time. But the good news is that the abundance of crafty bloggers and DIYers out there means that there are a lot more technique tutorials available.

Lots of free instructional videos and tips for trying new things.

And a lot of places that sell patterns seem to have a couple of freebies - usually not for the project I am really interested in, but you can get a feel for their instruction style before you spend any money.

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

Bookmark   September 4, 2007 at 11:11AM
Cheri_C

enjoyingspring, I belong to some other sites and have saved several freebies from them. Most are primitves ones for sewing. Email me if you are interested. I'd be happy to share with you.
Cheri

Bookmark   September 4, 2007 at 12:15PM
pattico_gw

I got this one in a newsletter

Here is a link that might be useful: here's one to look at

Bookmark   September 4, 2007 at 5:54PM
Cheri_C

Thanks Pattico for that link. Some how I missed the witch's boot pattern. Make sure you click on the free patterns above the picture. There's lots of them there.
Also check Tennesse Ridge Primitives. She changes her free pattern often. And they are always really nice ones. I'll check my other sites and see if I can find more.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tennessee Ridge Primitive Patterns

Bookmark   September 4, 2007 at 7:47PM
HiDiane

There are still lots of free knitting patterns. A really nice compilation of them is located here:

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php

Diane

Here is a link that might be useful: free knitting patterns

Bookmark   September 5, 2007 at 11:14AM
anjabee

ooooh thanks Cheri!! ~Anj

Bookmark   September 5, 2007 at 11:58PM
luvstocraft

Cheri, that should keep all of us busy for awhile checking out all those sites. Thanks. Luvs

Bookmark   September 6, 2007 at 11:40AM
More Discussions
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
Town Fair Vent
So yesterday I set up some jewelry I make, which I...
sameboat
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™