Aren't these pretty?

Made by member SunnyCA.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leveta

She's so talented...

Bookmark   September 22, 2008 at 8:37PM
sunnyca_gw

Well, not that talented, I'm just learning so my GF is showing me how to get those pesky jumprings back together & tight with no gap so your bracelet gets lost. These are fun to make & lightweight on your arm. GF sizes them to each arm. mine are in back & shorter than hers. I love the AB firepolished red & blue beads she used on the front 1. They shine & change in the sun! And a big thank you to Kudzukween for posting the pics for me. And this was all her idea to begin with & it has been so much fun doing!! Thank you thank you! Kudzuween I literally couldn't have done it without you!!Jan

Bookmark   September 23, 2008 at 1:43AM
chelcass

Here's a helpful tip on the jump rings. I put a dot of solder to hold them shut (50/50 for stained glass). I think perhaps some metal glue might also work.

Bookmark   July 4, 2011 at 11:20AM
grandma_bonnie

Nice work, Jan!!

Bookmark   July 6, 2011 at 10:50AM
sunnyca_gw

Thanks! Bonnie, I've made a couple more & I just really check with magnifying glass & daylight lamp to be sure they are tight so won't slip off & get lost. Lucky for me it fell off in car so I could find it & fix it & the others. Jan

Bookmark   July 7, 2011 at 2:18AM
oddie

Just Beautiful!....love them!
oddie

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 7:10AM
msflora

Very pretty & would make great gifts for all the females on your Christmas list too! Do you use new or used buttons?

Leslie

Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 9:45AM
sunnyca_gw

The top 1 was old buttons with turquoise beads in between, the square buttons were pearly looking & had a lot of them I had gotten at a church sale in a button box. The red buttons on the bottom were new my GF gave me to use as I had given her some of the square buttons. Any will do, just pick out what you like.The gold colored ones in center were from a broken necklace. And if you have box of rags check to be sure all the buttons were cut off. Or if blouse is damaged & you are throwing it out don't forget to remove the buttons 1st!! I'm thinking that a neat bracelet might be all the buttons different colors with gold beads between, will probably try that. Just get a terrycloth washcloth & lay your beads & buttons in what you think might work & see how you like it. The terry or waffle-weave cloth if you have it keeps the stuff where you put it so you can see how it will look put together. Have fun! Jan

Bookmark   November 13, 2011 at 1:05AM
More Discussions
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
Is Petal Porcelain still available ?
Remember it ? Do they still make it ? It was made to...
toomuchglass
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™