Pads for rockng chiar

june_ndSeptember 12, 2009

Can any one help me? I want to get a new chair pad for this rocking chair. This chair is about 65 years old and does have a special name but I can't think of it. I have looked all over and can't find a pad for it. It should be a 3-piece set as it includes the ruffle.

June

Here is a link that might be useful: rocking chair

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

I've never seen 3 piece sets like that. I bought a 2 piece set probably 10 yrs ago,think I got it at Sears. Try the Internet & Google in Vermont Country Store as they might have something like that. They have a lot of old favorites. I don't know the name of rocker either but looks pretty much like 1 at our church nursery. I just made a cushion for it with piece of foam from Joanne's used for chair seats & just covered it in a quilted nursery pattern. I didn't do anything fancy, just made an envelope with stitching just going around the back corners & hand stitched it shut. Could do same for back & just make ruffle to go around bottom.Wouldn't be too hard to make the front way it is in photo also. I just cut foam with an old Fiskars scissors. Hope this helps! Jan

Bookmark   September 13, 2009 at 1:51AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
june_nd

I will try the Vermont Store. Never thought of them. I did buy these pads, I think at Penneys but they don't have them. there is a cut out around the chair arm. I have recovered it before but was hoping I could buy a set somewhere. Thanks, sunyca.

June

Bookmark   September 13, 2009 at 9:55AM
More Discussions
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
boot jewelry
Anyone here make boot jewelry? Looking for ideas and...
debrak2008
Christmas Village
I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a...
christine1950
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™