crafts for grade school

jayokieSeptember 26, 2007

My first post went into cyber jail so I'll try again :-)

My DIL is homeschooling her 2nd grader this year, and readily admits she's not 'artsy craftsy'. So far, this is the only area with which she's had to struggle.

Any craft would need to be interesting to an 8 yr old boy (they live on a farm if that makes any difference), very inexpensive (most $5 or under). I did a google search and found several sites for her to check out when she can go to the library (no home computer), but time is limited because it IS a library.

Thank you for any ideas -- they will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jayokie

Should have stated that ideas for use throughout the year are needed, too. Right now the sites I found are mainly for fall, halloween, Thanksgiving & some Christmas. We'll check back with them, of course, but ideas are still requested & appreciated!

Bookmark   September 26, 2007 at 2:07PM
    Bookmark   September 26, 2007 at 4:48PM
jayokie

Thanks, taigen. I'll look at them. The preschool ones may be too 'young' for him since he's 8, BUT some can probably be 'aged up' for lack of a better term. I'll check them out - hopefully tomorrow - just for my curoosity :-)
& mail all to her. One suggestion I rec'd on another forum was crayola.com You might find something there you can use, too. Thanks, again!!!

Bookmark   September 26, 2007 at 4:59PM
adellabedella_usa

Do they have a Home Depot or Lowes where they live? On a certain each month, they have kid projects that you come in and have the child nail, glue, or screw things together. We've made things like picture frames, birdhouses, and race cars.

Bookmark   September 26, 2007 at 9:20PM
jayokie

Yes, adella, they DO have a Lowe's. I seldom go to ours so had forgotten about this. She could combine it with a library trip if her work schedule permits. This is a great idea! Thanks......

Bookmark   September 27, 2007 at 10:57AM
barb_from_pa

Here are a couple more sites to check out. There are tons of ideas on the internet.

http://www.kaboose.com

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/creativearts.html

Bookmark   September 27, 2007 at 4:39PM
More Discussions
Can anyone recommend a spray paint for Styrofoam?
I know it exists, as I've used it. I need to spray...
linnea56
bread bags
I recently went to a craft show and a lady had bread...
oldcrafty
Vinyl armrest repair
The white driver side armrest on my mid-80s GM car...
davestexas
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™