American Range or BlueStar- 24" gas range

phillyrenoDecember 22, 2013

We are in the midst of a kitchen remodel in a small city house. As there are just 2 of us, we've decided to maximize counter space and go with smaller appliances. Currently considering the 24" options from American Range and BlueStar because they have the largest ovens in this size category (I bake quite a bit).

Any feedback on either?

FWIW, we did consider Bertazzoni because the price seemed reasonable but the oven is small.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gtadross_gw

I'd def suggest bluestar over the American. Bluestar is just a more commercial product that you will be pleased with.

And given your space considerations, the 24" would be a great fit. I actually prefer the 24" to the 30" in general, as any 30" range has that useless dead space in the middle whereas with the 24", you can have the "slideability" on all 4 burners (ie, sliding the pots and pans around without having to lift them up).

And if you think a 24" isn't big enough, then swing by Dmitris restaurant in 2nd and Catherine in Philly (which by your handle on here makes me think you're familiar with it), and see how they run a packed restaurant day in and day out using a 4 burner 24" range.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 3:36PM
deeageaux

AR does not offer their Performer series in 24" so the Bluestar RNB is a much better choice.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 4:35PM
phillyreno

Thanks for the feedback! I do know Dmitris (we watch the Saints games at the New Wave!) and will have to check out their range.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 6:24PM
gtadross_gw

Sounds like we're in the same neighborhood. Feel free to email me in here if you wanna come by and give my bluestar a test drive.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 8:19PM
More Discussions
Bluestar Electric French Door Wall Oven
Who has one? would love to hear about it! I love the...
Dietitian
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
Help Me Choose A Wall Oven
I have a Gaggenau 24" inch convection oven over...
heron3
48 INCH DUAL FUEL RANGE OR LP GAS
Planning to purchase the 48 inch- dilemma: any inputs...
hkwan
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™