bad smell in refrigerator

kayla47December 28, 2012

I have a newer LG refrigerator it has an awful smell it smells like something died in it. I took the whole thing apart and cleaned everything it smelled fine after cleaning. than I shut it and again after it was shut for a while when opened the smell was there again. I can not find anything that may be causing it. I than though that maybe a mouse died under it and tried to clean under but it is to large for me to move. I can't see anything under it. Any suggestion what might be causing the smell? And how to get ride of it. It has only been there a few days.Thanks
Connie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cavimum

Sometimes the smell gets in the ice or ice-maker, and circulates to the refrigerator. Whenever I get a weird food-based odor in my fridge, I put 1/4 cup of ground coffee beans in a small cup or can, place it in there, and leave it for a few days. I use Folgers, Maxwell House, whatever brand we have. That has always worked for me.

Some people like to leave an opened box of baking soda in the fridge or freezer all the time because that works, also.

Bookmark   December 28, 2012 at 8:52PM
More Discussions
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Anyone have experience with Ad Mark (eBay) appliance dealer?
Am considering buying Gagg induction cooktop + combi...
myniyer
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™