Dacor erd36sch lp

neumansheldonDecember 17, 2013

Hi! We are in the process of planning a major kitchen remodel, and will be installing a duel fuel pro-style range. We have been looking at a variety of options...but our kitchen guy as presented up with the following opportunity. He has a Dacor erd36sch lp (36 inch) that has been sitting on the floor of his showroom for about 12 years. It has never been hooked up. He will sell it to us for a deep discount. It would come with a 1 year warranty on parts (not labor) and we could buy an additional 2 year extended warranty for about $150. On the one hand this is an AMAZING deal, and very hard to pass up, but I am nervous about the following 1) I have no idea what the reliability is on Dacor, and if I am just opening myself up to a lot of expensive repairs; 2) should I be concerned about buying an "old" range, even if it has never been used? 3) Are there features on newer duel fuel ranges that wouldn't be on an older range? Help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wekick

12 years is a long time. I would worry about the electronics. I had the ER36D and it was a nightmare. At the time they were selling at some of the discounters an older model that had problems with uneven heating and they were trying to add baffles to help with that I think. Here is one review. They did write me to tell me they have improved and I thought new ones have much longer warranties.
I would not even consider it if they gave it to me. On mine the computer boards were billed at $1800 when they changed them out. At some point they might not even carry the parts anymore. They may have passed already.

Here is a link that might be useful: epinion review

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 2:39PM
More Discussions
Bluestar Platinum Owners - How is your Range
How is it to use the grill and griddle? ie ease of...
dzaner
Noxious new oven smell ??
Our new Electrolux wave-touch double oven is wonderful,...
infohound2006
Wolf is increasing the BTUs on front burners
When I called the Wolf showroom in Atlanta, I was told...
charon70
Need feedback on KOBE Range Hood
Hello! I'm looking at buying a KOBE range hood. The...
bblakeney
Water Pooling on Bottom of Refrigerator and Leaking
Hi: I have a Kenmore Pro 48 inch side by side Refrigerator....
Rob Fleming
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™