Advise on Gluegun

nyboySeptember 10, 2012

Hi I would like to get a hot glue gun. I know nothing about them, is there diffent types? What should I look for? Are any better then others? What about glue sticks?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladycraft

I'm not real experienced but since no one else has answered. I have 2. Both from Wal Mart and the cheapest. They are electric. I have one that is high temp that uses the bigger glue sticks and the other is low temp which uses the smaller sticks. I really like the low temp because the glue comes out in small amounts but it doesn't allow for gluing large things fast. Because it seems to cool off to fast. The hi temp gets really hot if you happen to get it on fingers etc and will blister. But good for larger areas etc. So if you haven't already gotten one you may want to consider what you are going to use it for first. The stands are nice but I just let mine drip in a plastic lid and throw it away after awhile. I think most of them have little leg things so you don't have to lay them on their side. I melted a spot on my table because I didn't use the stand up thing.

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 7:00PM
bulldinkie

Get the big one it works better the little ones arent as hot.

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 6:45AM
pink_warm_mama_1

Go to Michael's craft store and check out all the different types of glue guns. Then you can choose the right one for your particular needs.

Bookmark   October 22, 2012 at 12:57PM
More Discussions
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
Would like to learn decoupage.......
....but have some questions. 1. Must water be used...
pink_warm_mama_1
yarn picture kit
I am looking for a kit that was popular in the 70's...
Terri-57
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Halloween Costume Update
Hi everyone, Some of you may remember me asking where...
moonwolf_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™