Christmas presents?

concretenprimrosesSeptember 30, 2009

What are people planning? I need to start very soon if I'm going to get things done on time. Would love some ideas and inspiration!

kathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

Sad to say not much. Lately people just don't want homemade items--at least my relatives don't. they either don't communicate much (DH's ), have everything, etc.
So each year my list goes down, except to G-kids and GG-kids and then they usually get gift cert or money.
I am glad people out there really do appreciate the crafts out there, but also it is getting harder to find good and useful ones.
Good luck to all of you

Bookmark   September 30, 2009 at 11:59AM
beachteach

I also need to get started soon on "little gifties" for co-workers. Here is what I was thinking of doing. Get an 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of Christmas scrapbook paper and then print the gift recepient's first name over and over in small font. Then I'll cut the paper into thin strips - sort of like shredding,but I would have to do it by hand to be able to keep the names intact. Then I'll put those into a clear glass ornament. Maybe I'll add some gold or silver tinsel. It is kind of labor intensive, but would be unique. What do you all think?

Bookmark   September 30, 2009 at 7:49PM
sunnyca_gw

Beachteach, that sounds like a really cute idea & they are not going to get duplicates of those!! I think they will love them as they are personal & handmade! Jan

Bookmark   October 1, 2009 at 12:07AM
barbaratx

Beachteach: I LOVE your idea. I give my grands ornaments every year and your idea will be this year's ornament. Thanks for the idea.

Bookmark   October 1, 2009 at 7:59AM
Deb_from_Pa

Yes, I like that idea too! TFS!
I saw this link on another board, and with the economy the way it is, I am thinking how neat it would be to make the pies in a jar.....there are other good ideas here too, but love the pie idea..and I would think that even if you come across someone who has everything..they usually enjoy a pie..and what better way than to just take it out of the freezer, pop it in the oven and bake it when they are hungry for dessert...and if you make a variety of kinds, thats even better
ENJOY
http://www.ourbestbites.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Bookmark   October 1, 2009 at 6:50PM
More Discussions
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
Thinking of learning decoupage....
........but some questions are stopping me. 1. Must...
pink_warm_mama_1
Hair Jewelry/Headpiece Questions
Hi everyone, This year, I will be attempting once again...
moonwolf_gw
post your april challenge pics here: new growth!
Welcome to the April Challenge! You are challenged...
concretenprimroses
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™