lightbulb jack o lantern..by SunnyCA

kudzukweenSeptember 27, 2008

Check out this cute craft by SunnyCA...isn't it sweet?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cheri_C

Awww, So sweet. Great job SunnyCA.

Bookmark   September 27, 2008 at 9:19AM
sunnyca_gw

I might have used glass paint. It would stay on better but since lightbulb you won't be moving it around much.There is a green crease(indent lines pumpkins have) line,you can just see it to the left of mouth about 1/2 in out. It is same distance out on other side too. Water down same green you used for leaves just a bit. I was loseing light by time i took the pic yesterday. Anyway be sure to go around the bulb & put about 6 lines going from about 1/2 in. from bottom of bulb to little below the leaves. It just gives it the "right" look. Have fun!! Jan

Bookmark   September 27, 2008 at 11:03AM
donnas_gw

sunnyca, he is really cute!! I wouldn't have thought to paint the ribs on. I like the way you freehanded his face. Now I just might have to go to dollar store and buy a cheap pack of bulbs LOL. Of course they really aren't cheap, but it's hard to tell when I will get another burned out lightbulb. Will have to get the kids to save theirs (if they remember to). Again, your pumpkin is really adorable!!

Bookmark   September 27, 2008 at 7:32PM
leveta

Ohhhh he's a cutie....

Bookmark   September 27, 2008 at 8:23PM
slinkey

he's adorable SunnyCa...great paint job on him. Thanks for the tip on the 'ribs'...I'll never take an old burned out light bulb for granted anymore...lol
jane

Bookmark   September 27, 2008 at 9:20PM
sunnyca_gw

Thanks, glad you like him. I went to bro.s house tonight & they had cute little magnets on fridge. You can make them in minutes!! Glass globs, clear flat ones & cut out tiny pic of flowers or scene like at beach, just glue on back.Pic needs to be put on with clear glue as will show through the glob let dry & glue on round magnet over the back of pic. That's all! Looked so cute on fridge & sooooo easy to make. Little pic shows through the glob and brightens up fridge! Jan

Bookmark   September 28, 2008 at 12:52AM
More Discussions
Beaded Christmas ornaments
Most of the year I am busy making beaded jewelry. But...
tripletmom83
What type of fabric to use to make primitive snowman?
Hi...I have been making snow man door hangers. What...
donnas_gw
jewelry wire for Christmas dangle ornament?
I can only find a couple of tutorials on the web and...
wilsonkaye
Will bake potato bags burn in the microwave?
Will baked potato bags burn in the microwave? I use...
cooper9191
Halloween costume for my boobs
Yes I know it's pretty weird but after undergoing breast...
trashywoman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™