27" Gagg actually 29"?

alex9179December 19, 2012

I have an old 24" wall oven in a 27" cabinet that I've wanted to replace for 6 years. I found an older model Gaggenau EB290 in good shape but am concerned that the width won't fit into the cabinet. Looking at the specs, it needs a cut-out width of 26", so I'm guessing the frame will overhang an inch on each side of the cabinet, which is not ideal :) I may fudge it, though, just to get this oven.

Would anyone be able to confirm this as I can't get up there to measure any time soon.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

Depending on the cabinet construction, a 27" (exterior dimensions) oven cabinet may only have 25 1/2" to 26 3/4" interior room. You need to pull the old oven and measure the interior, as well as how much actual face frame can be trimmed.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 4:35PM
xedos

"so I'm guessing the frame will overhang an inch on each side of the cabinet, which is not ideal "

Why is this not ideal? In Europe a 27" oven gets put in a 27" cabinet all the time - it is very IDEAL. It's actually 70 cm , but let's play inches for the sake of brevity here.

Your cabinet is either 27" wide or it is not. If it is , the oven will fit. How much modification to the existing structure is needed is anyone's guess.

"Would anyone be able to confirm this as I can't get up there to measure any time soon."

What, exactly are you looking for confirmation on? Yes the Gaggenau 290 needs a cutout width of 26" minimum.

As for confirming what your cabinet is - no one here has any clue as to what you have.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 5:37PM
alex9179

Good heavens, I wasn't asking about my cab. I was asking about the actual width of the oven. I've seen 27, 27 1/8, and 29 inches from various sources. If the front panel is 29, then I wonder if I'll need to address an overhang.

I guess my title was ambiguous. Is the EB290 27ish inches or 29 inches wide on the front panel?

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 6:25PM
alex9179

Thank you Live Wire Oak, looks to be just 26" interior room. It would be a snug fit.

The cab's actual outside measurement is 27.5". I just prefer that the oven frame not exceed the cab's width by an inch and a half and wasn't sure if the sources that stated it was actually 29" wide were correct.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 6:51PM
xedos

The oven face is actually 690 mm wide , which is just a hair under 27 3/16" wide.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 7:05PM
alex9179

Thanks!

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 7:16PM
More Discussions
Miele 643g dishwasher
I bought a house that has this dishwasher. I do not...
cbsdesign
Getting the most out of Miele Masterchef?
Probably a dumb question... There are a lot of different...
schicksal
Bosch 36 Flexinduction Cooktop - Anyone Have a User Review
I have purchased the new 36" bosch Flexinduction,...
marcmargolis926
Need help with appliance choices, layout critique
Hey all. We have a preliminary kitchen plan attached. I...
jennifer2413
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
Sponsored Products
Floor Mat: New Wave Holiday 18" x 27" Neoprene Pumpkin Candy Halloween
$24.97 | Home Depot
CTL8029L 27W 3000K Medium LED Non-Dimmable Optica Track Fixt
Lightology
Drawing Room Bath Bar
Lightology
Red Cedar 27" Wide 6' Picnic Table with (2) 6' Benches
Fifthroom.com
Peacock Chair - SAGE
$1,899.00 | Horchow