December: Three new Wolf E series oven styles

new_morningDecember 11, 2013

Wolf decided to switch their E series oven styles, now "Contemporary" (black), "Transitional" (unframed/tubular handle), and "Professional" (framed/pro-handle).

Unfortunately for me, none the new styles match my oven stack (was planning to get monogram Advantium.)

My main question is: Are there any changes we should expect from the performance or quality of the new E-series? Or is this purely an aesthetic change?

I read in the past about some blue paint chipping issues with older E series models (has it been addressed by this point?)

Most people want the latest model, since I would assume Wolf would have addressed any "problems" in the upgrade. Should I try searching to purchase the older model for aesthetic reasons (haven't had any luck with dealers yet), or is it in my best interest to buy the newest model? I realize it may be early to know at this point, but thought I'd see if anyone out there has thoughts. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gabethan

I have been following this as well. I've been trying to narrow down my appliance decisions and have a hard time deciding on an oven when they are bringing out 3 new models. I am hoping the blue porcelain issue is fixed. I don't know if this correct, but I believe the convection is standard on the E now for both ovens. Then there is the professional one coming out which doesn't have all the electronics in the panel. I'm having a hard time spending $6k on an older model with porcelain issues and the L series is going away completely. I went across town to see the new 30" column refrigerator yesterday. Would be interested to hear more feedback!

Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 3:03PM
wekick

They have made the bottom of the new wall ovens removable so that it will be cheaper to repair. They have not done this with the range. If you buy the oven, make sure it has this feature. Nothing to indicate that they have actually fixed the actual enamel.

Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 4:28PM
kalapointer

The New E series double ovens will only have convection in the upper oven. The control panels on all three models are the same. The L series will be replaced by the new M series and will have newly designed convection fans in the corners of the ovens. Hopefully the porcelain issues will be gone.

Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 5:05PM
YuliaO

i love new M series design, but they are not coming out until March, i thinkâ¦

Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 9:00PM
More Discussions
Wall oven caution - IKEA/Nutid/Datid/Whirlpool
This post is meant to steer people away from IKEA Nutid,...
detroit_burb
Miele Coffee Machine - CVA 6800 vs CVA 6401
The cva 6800 is m touch controls (swipe screen), CVA6401...
wcutiew
Any thoughts about Bosch and GE Profile appliances?
I am building a passive house and trying to choose...
di77ce
ELECTROLUX ICON FREESTANDING DUAL-FUEL RANGE or KITCHEN AID
I am about to purchase a dual –fuel, 30 “freestanding...
AreBe
Buy Wolf or Elux wall oven if don't use self clean?
I've read all the horror stories about the blue enamel...
golfergirl29
Sponsored Products
Cyan Design Grey Prairie Wolf Pillow
$127.50 | LuxeDecor
Meyda Tiffany Northwood's Wolf On The Loose Four-Light Flush Mount Light
$475.00 | LuxeDecor
Chelsea Home Corrina Half Moon Ottoman in Trousseau Wolf - Font Linen
Beyond Stores
Patch Magic Wolf Crib 16 x 12-Inch Toss Pillow
$25.00 | Bellacor
Wolf Wrapped Canvas
$57.99 | zulily